3rd Trimester

PIH

Anyone else have this (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension)? I'm 38 weeks today. Over the last couple weeks my blood pressure has been slowly getting higher and higher. I've been to L & D three times now for NST and fetal monitoring, and tonight they also did bloodwork (which came out fine). They've been concerned about preeclampsia, and luckily they don't think I have that. Today Dr wrote a note saying I should not return to work, and basically be on partial bedrest for now. On one hand, I'm really relieved because every day at work has been getting more and more difficult physically for me perform my duties. On the other hand, I'm disappointed because I had been wanting to work right up until labor in order to have all my time off with the baby. But I just want what's best for baby so I'm ok with that decision. Anyways, just wondering if anyone else is going through something similar?

Re: PIH

• I'm 5 weeks post partum and was on bed rest for a month due to PIH. I also never got a positive for protein in my urine but I had all the symptoms of preeclampsia so after going to L&D several times and my BP just creeping up, they took me out of work. I'm not going to lie, bed rest sucks and dealing with insurance and HR at work so I could still get paid and have job security was a nightmare. However, I think it was nice to get time to rest as much as possible before DD got here and I just tried to make sure to do the little things I could still do and keep busy to make the time go by. Being on maternity leave after bed rest is making me a little stir crazy so just make sure you get out of the house when you can once LO is here, it helps keep you sane! I ended up having to be induced but only 4 days before my actual due date, BP wasn't getting better and my preeclampsia symptoms were getting much worse. I don't want to worry you with that but your OB may want to discuss that at some point.

It's hard to be on bed rest and leave work but like you said, it's all for LO and that's all that matters. Just take care of yourself and hang in there, you don't have much longer before you have your outside baby! 

• I am currently on bedrest for  PIH and PTL (pre-term labor) along with Pre-E symptoms.  I had PIH with my last pregnancy as well. I have been on bed rest for 5 weeks and will set my induction date at my next appointment on Monday.  I have been to L&D 3 or 4 times (lost track) for all the pre-e signs.  Have done two urine collections (24 hours) and had several NST's.  At my last appt my BP was 152/102.  Really bad, so my OB will set my induction date for one day next week.  It keeps creeping up more and more and since on Monday I will be 37w4d, my OB is comfortable that baby can come out!  Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses, ladies! Sorry to hear you all are going through (or have gone through) this too, but it helps to hear I'm not the only one! 
  • crwjcc can I ask when your hypertension started? I had pre e and placenta abruption with preterm last pregnancy and already at 17 weeks have been having high blood pressures. Now reading your history sounds like this May be me a well.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"