November 2013 Moms

Contractions????

I'm a first time mommy and am close to 38 weeks right now. I feel as though I may be having contractions that are pretty consistent, but then again I don't even know if they ARE contractions! Anytime I ask someone what I should be looking/feeling for I get the annoying, generic answer- "Oh you'll know!" Could someone PLEASE give me a hint as to what I should or should not be feeling when I'm "contracting"? Right now I'm feeling pressure/tightening in my lower pelvic region, but a lot of times I have a lot of lower back pain. Help please!

Re: Contractions????

• Loading the player...
  • Please, call your doctor!!! I hear it's different foreveryone so there is no way to really explain them. Good luck

Feb. Siggy Challenge: Favorite SomeEcards. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Baby being low in your pelvis can cause both a crampy feeling and lower back pain.  When you have a crampish feeling that wraps around to the front, comes consistently, lasts around a minute and doesn't go away with a change in activity then they might be contractions.  No one can give you a straight answer because they feel different for different people.  It's not cut and dry enough.  My contractions with my first were extremely mild and never "painful" until they broke my waters right before I had to push. I only guessed I was in labor because of the consistensy and that I had never felt the same wrapping sensation with menstrual cramps. My contractions with my second were fast and furious and I then understood why people said labor hurt! 

Take this with a grain of salt and please call your doctor if you are concerned. 
  • Call your doctor please! I call my midwife everytime I'm not sure. They are paid to give you answers. I just posted a thread called 'period cramps'. Check out the responses. They helped me tons. Good luck!
  • tammuratammura member
    edited October 2013
    GOBLU1274 said:

For realz?!? OP, call your doctor!

ETA: I don't have time for this today. It's football Sunday for God's sake. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to watching Lion's piss their game away.

Not yet.... It's looking much better now :) megatron for the TD!!! My husband is a HUGE Lions fan

• tammura said:

GOBLU1274 said:

For realz?!? OP, call your doctor!

ETA: I don't have time for this today. It's football Sunday for God's sake. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to watching Lion's piss their game away.

Not yet.... It's looking much better now :) megatron for the TD!!! My husband is a HUGE Lions fan
    Ummm... Maybe I spoke too soon :(

• Does no one read?

Google = image

You kill me with these!! Dammit they are so cute and hilarious!!!
    O:-) =))
  • Don't believe I asked for medical advice. Asked for "hints" in what I should feel/look for in contractions. As there are other moms on here that have been through this, I thought this would be a great place to turn for advice.
  • Hey, OP! Stop flagging shit that isn't a violation or I might start contracting.
    *dead* Perfect response.
    BLAD reppin'

Save this, it could be quite useful in the future.

This is awesome!!!! I think you win the internet today!

Me: 28 yo | DH: 28 yo
    Married 2012
    DD: 3 yo
    TTC #2 August 2017
  • I am about to have my 4th and non of my contractions ever felt the same. If u can time them and they are lasting a min with 5 or more in a hour call ur dr. This is what mine told me last week.
  • I swear I've seen that person get called out, I think I even did it, for flagging for no reason. Why is all the butts hurting this month?

Maybe their kid is kicking them in the ass. ;)
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Didn't you guys know that @meryan12 was a white knight? She's all about coddling and blowing smoke up women's asses. She thinks TB is only for that and jumps on board to coddle OPs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"