Northern California Babies
Options

Living in SF and Due in Dec... Anyone else out there?

Hi, we are very excited to be expecting a baby girl this December.  We are 16 weeks and counting.  I have a few friends with kids, but no one that is currently preggers and going through it now. I've started thinking about things like BFclasses and other types of new parents classes and would love to hear from other in the same boat.  Bloggs and community boards are nice to read and comment on, but I'm looking for a local community to share resources and tips with.  Anyone else out there interested in talking about local maternity shops, yoga classes, etc...?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Living in SF and Due in Dec... Anyone else out there?

• Options
    sonisfsonisf member

Hi!

I'm 15 (almost 16!) weeks pregnant and we are very excited to have our first baby.

After living 10 years in Germany we are living in SF for almost a year now.  

Like you no one of my new friends is pregnant and now that I have more energy (thank you second trimester!), I'm looking at/considering classes, yoga, groups... and I'm a little bit lost! 

I mean, I spent so much time looking for a good bakery and wine shop as I moved here (now you know that I'm french... busted!) that I would be very happy not to do the research for baby stuff alone again!

If you are interested we can meet/talk and share our experience, questions and laugh?

Sonia

• Options

Hello Sonia!

I would love to meet/talk!  Maybe we can share a chat over tea and a delicious pastry.  I work during the week, but have my weekends.  I am very excited to connect and share our experience :)

Pita 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there, just browsing and saw there were a few recent posts on the board. I'm also in SF and just graduated to the second trimester last week - due February 1. Less nausea finally but still exhausted most afternoons. It sounds like both of you ladies are tad bit further along than I am but I'd be up for connecting! I'm just beginning to explore baby things and was also considering prenatal yoga.

Same story basically... lots of friends with kids and even a few that just welcomed a little one this past month, but none presently expecting. It would be nice to experience things with others :)

Anyway, hopefully you see this despite the delayed response... loop me in when you get a chance!

Cheers,
    Lauren.

PS: Sonia, my husband was actually born in Moulins and spent much of his childhood split between Chalmoux and California!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sonisfsonisf member
    Bonjour Ladies!

Sorry I was away last week, but I'm back and happy to see that we are now 3!
    We should really meet!
    I'm not working anymore so I'm pretty flexibel.
    I'm living between Noe valley and Mission but I can meet you anywhere, it's not a problem!
    You can leave a message here or write me a private message.
    I'm really excited to meet you both, that will be fun!

Gros bisous ;)

PS: Lauren: I grew up not far away from Moulins and I spent my childhood between Lyon and Clermont (your husband will know where it is!)... how funny! See you soon!!!!

• Options
    sonisf said:
    I'm living between Noe valley and Mission but I can meet you anywhere, it's not a problem!
    You can leave a message here or write me a private message.
    I'm really excited to meet you both, that will be fun!

I live in Bernal Heights, so very near you! I'll send a private message shortly -- excited :)
  • Options
    I can finally reply!!  Hi ladies, I am very excited to meet you both!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm due in January but in SF and would live to tag along! I'm in Noe Valley.

• Options
    Hey "Sunny", the more the merrier :) nice to learn that we're all in this part of the City... I'll see if I can loop you into our private message thread - we are trying to figure out some meetup times!
  • Options
    sonisfsonisf member
    Hi Sunnyplaces (I like your "name"!)

Welcome! We are trying to find a day to meet each other. You can join us on a private message thread, it's easier to discuss it that way.
    It's funny that we all live in the same part of the city!
    I hope we will find a day to meet soon!

Have a wonderfull day!

Sonia.

• Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll keep my eye out for the thread. Thanks again!

• Options
    Hey Sunny, be sure to check your bump inbox - message should be there :)
  • Options
    You should join GGMG ( Golden Gate Mothers Group)! I used to be a FTM in the city and found a million great friends through that.
  • Options
    chrisjeanlimchrisjeanlim member
    edited October 2013
    I am also due in December with our first baby, I have been working but am now slowing down a lot and would love to meet other mom's in the area, I am in Inner Richmond!
    Christina
  • Options
    Hi Christina, all of us are towards Castro/Noe Valley/Bernal Heights and are FTMs due between Christmas and early February. We've managed to do a couple of dinners out but that's about it so far. Busy schedules! I'll send you my email via PM so we can see about looping you in...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"