flu shot?? — The Bump
Indiana Babies

flu shot??

I am pregnant with my second child and its time for me to get the flu shot. Last pregnancy I got it without hesitating or doing any research. I've been educating myself this time around and I'm very worried. Seeing things like a 4000% increase in stillbirth and miscarriage(VINE). It's a double edged sword for me though bc DD is 2 and will no doubt get the flu if she doesn't get the shot, so that means I'll get it too and we are due in February.I definitely do not want a newborn with the flu!! I'm in no way trying to start an argument about vac/nonvax. Just wondering if you'd gotten yours yet or if you plan to any why or why not? Thanks

Re: flu shot??

• Yes, I have gotten mine.  If you're very concerned, I would talk to your OB about the pros and cons of getting the shot instead of consulting Dr. Google, who can raise some unnecessarily scary fears.  Like you said, I would rather not take the risk of my newborn getting the flu and the flu shot for my toddler and me seems like a good precautionary measure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards