3rd Trimester

Breast Pump

HI looking for help - I found out that I can get a breast pump via insurance (you jump through a few hoops) I was offered 1. the options Playtex double electric pump 2. Ameda Purely Yours 3. lansinoh affinity pro  - I have read many reviews and most of them are not super great on any of these pumps. Can  anyone give me any thoughts? I have nothing to lose since it's free but I'de like to make the best choice possible. Thank You

Re: Breast Pump

• I chose Ameda Purely Yours via my insurance, I'm happy with it. To me it was the closest to the Medela in review satisfaction.
  • I have the lansinoh affinity and like it, however I have not tries the others. I think it will be hard to compare, as many people will only have one pump.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • The LC at our hospital only recommends two pumps, the Medela PISA & the Ameda Purely Yours. I'd get the Ameda.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • miam4miam4 member
    edited October 2013
    My insurance only offers Ameda... I liked what people said about this one... =)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I see good reviews about the Ameda. I ended up getting the Medela and it has been wonderful (just had the LC test it since its 3yrs old and hasn't been used for 2yrs and its still running great). If insurance will cover the Ameda I would say go for that one just based on reviews.
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Definitely ameda. I got the medela but ameda is just as good
  • Definitely go with the Ameda- they also have great customer service at Ameda if you run into any problems with your pump.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"