Washington Babies

Maternity shops in the area

Hi all, I'm sneaking over here from the January 2014 group.  I live in Vancouver BC but am thinking of nipping down to either Bellingham or Seattle to do some maternity clothes shopping.

Our selection up here is limited and whilst some of the US stores do deliver to Canada, the S+H charges are crazy $$ and you don't get the option to try things on (and likely end up returning half of it).  So, I'm going to swing down for a day but was wondering if any of you ladies had any recommendations - is Seattle any better than Bellingham (ie is it worth the additional time to go that much further)?  Are there any shops which have great clothes and maybe sales on the go??

TIA ladies!

Re: Maternity shops in the area

• IrishsapphireIrishsapphire member
    edited August 2013

I live in the Queen Anne area in Seattle.

I really like University Village.  And there is Village Maternity which has more upscale maternity and baby clothes and Gap Maternity at the Gap.  As well, there is Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, Kid's Club, Gap, Hanna Andersson if you want to go baby shopping.  And I like to get the Pizza by the Slice during lunch time, specifically Stuffed Spinach Pizza, at Delfino's Pizza.  It has free parking.   It is more in the University District.  https://www.uvillage.com/shopping/

And there is shopping in downtown Seattle.  There is Gap Maternity at the Gap.  There is a maternity shop at Pacific Place-Destination Maternity-it is Pea in a Pod and Motherhood Maternity.  And I like to get lunch at Nordstrom Cafe.  And of course, there are stores like Old Navy, Macy's, Nordstrom, Gymboree, etc for baby clothes shopping. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • There is also a destination maternity store in downtown Bellevue. Right across from Bellevue square mall. And an outlet store in north bend with great deals. Old navy's have maternity sections as well. As do targets.
  • Loading the player...
  • I live just outside of Bellingham and can attest that you will have much better selection if you head to Seattle.  Bellingham is somewhat limited in the maternity department (I've been ordering most stuff online so far).

image             image             
        Baby K is 3 months old!                     Max: The original fur baby            
  • I just started ordering maternity clothes from ASOS, which a friend recommended:

They have cute clothes, great prices, and free shipping and returns (I would imagine it's free for Canada, too).  You should definitely check it out!
  • I just started ordering maternity clothes from ASOS, which a friend recommended:

They have cute clothes, great prices, and free shipping and returns (I would imagine it's free for Canada, too).  You should definitely check it out!
    Oh, my gosh! This website is a life-saver! Thank you for sharing! :)
    3 early losses in 2013, but so thankful that our first baby boy is due 3/29/14! <3

Maximilian Hunt
    Born 3/19/14  //  7lbs 7oz  // 20.25in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"