May 2013 Moms

FFFC

Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• I totally side eye my good friend for taking her 10 week old for chiropractic adjustments twice a week. I used to go to a chiropractor myself, but I never thought it was all that great, and I can't imagine doing that to a baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am only making mommy friends so that my dd will have friends in my neighbourhood to play with. I actually can't stand a lot of these women.

Amen. Same here. I feel fake around them.
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I nurse DS to sleep in the recliner in our living room and then move him to the crib. Last night I was walking with him sleeping in my arms and headed toward the crib when I noticed a small dark shape on the floor near his crib. I have this flashlight app on my phone and I turned it on and my suspicions were confirmed: it was a roach! I don't handle bugs well at all and roaches are the worst. I texted DH who was already asleep in our room to come kill it for me. He came but of course it got away and he couldn't find it.

I didn't know what to do because I really didn't want to sleep in there. (I usually sleep in his room with him.) I was afraid of sleeping with him on our bed because we don't have rails and our bed isn't against a wall.  Ultimately I decided DS had to go in his crib. I put him there and he was sound asleep. But I chickened out and couldn't stay in there because I knew I would be worried about the roach the whole time. So I used the video monitor and slept with DH. 

So I didn't want to sleep in there because of a roach, yet I abandon my DS and leave him to fend off roach attacks by himself! 

Edited for clarity

Oh dear God. I feel your pain. We lived in an apartment before we moved into our house and suddenly after living there for 5 years, I saw a roach about a month before DS was born.(I'm not going to mention the fact that this happened right after new neighbors moved in upstairs.) DS never slept in his crib while we were there b/c the problem got worse. I ended up with horrible anxiety and crying fits and I never slept b/c I was walking around cleaning constantly and looking for those fuckers. I eventually broke the lease and we moved into our house very quickly...throwing away half of our stuff in the process. I am still extra anal when it comes to boxes, trash, anything now. I've also had an exterminator in our new house twice in the last month and a half just for preventative maintenance.

Get an exterminator in there NOW if you can to try and fend off the problem.

That's the first roach I've seen in a really long time and here in Louisiana unfortunately they are just a part of life. We used to have a contract with Terminix (mostly because we had a lot of wasps hanging around our back porch) but we stopped it about a year and a half ago to save money. I may start it back up again if I see any more though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• These are awesome today! Mine is boring...I hate my dog. I dream of bringing her to the pound but I never would. It's a great dream though.

• Trish625 said:
    I'm going to jump on the hygiene (or lack thereof) boat. I only shower 2-3 times per week, once a day teeth brushing, and up until Wednesday I couldn't remember when I had shaved my legs last. It was seriously grotesque. Yet my DH still wants to hump, wtf? Love or desperation?
    Totally all of the above. I have morning breath all day long, I smell like spit up, I have super hairy legs, and my hair is in a constant thinning, oily, not-brushed messy bun. Yet DH pulls me to him nightly and gives a suggestive pelvic thrust. Yeah right, buddy.
    You guys, I have your solution to unwanted intimate advances- start exclusively pumping! That way, you can send your dear spouses off to bed without you because you have to pump just a little bit more to build your stash. After all, it's for the baby. Then sneak into bed once you hear snores. Unfortunately, I would loerve some good old fashioned boot knocking, but, sadly, I have to pump. I hate pumping.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Trish625 said:
    I'm going to jump on the hygiene (or lack thereof) boat. I only shower 2-3 times per week, once a day teeth brushing, and up until Wednesday I couldn't remember when I had shaved my legs last. It was seriously grotesque. Yet my DH still wants to hump, wtf? Love or desperation?
    Totally all of the above. I have morning breath all day long, I smell like spit up, I have super hairy legs, and my hair is in a constant thinning, oily, not-brushed messy bun. Yet DH pulls me to him nightly and gives a suggestive pelvic thrust. Yeah right, buddy.
    Yes to all of this! DH is getting serious side-eye from me lately.

• edited October 2013
    My confession is that DH only showers about 2-3 times a week since the babies were born and I only get turned on when he has showered and is clean shaven. He gets suggestive on the non shower days and I just can't.

But it really doesn't matter anyway because with a six month old in your bed who wakes and cries if mommy so much as turns away from her, you don't get to carry through with the deed anyway. Three times in six months. Three. times. :(

ETA that we would not be doing it with said six month old in the bed. I just meant that she is a light sleeper and thus we never get the opportunity to sneak away.
  • 5953fpp said:

These are awesome today! Mine is boring...I hate my dog. I dream of bringing her to the pound but I never would. It's a great dream though.

This is me. I really really hate my dog and sort of resent DH for getting him. I told him over and over I didn't want a dog, didn't want to take care of a dog and then he shows up with this puppy. 5 years later the dog is still the biggest asshole ever. Now with DS being here the dog gets jealous and will bark and bark until we play with him. I finally found a coworker who was willing to take my dog but DH wouldn't let me, not because he wants the dog still, but the fact that I would see her every day and was worried we'd have to take him back when she couldn't handle him lol.
  • Oh I have another....i totally forgot/was too lazy to send out DS2 birth announcements. I sent them to everyone I know when DS1 was born so I feel really bad. I'm ordering like five and telling DS2 when he's older that I sent them to everyone too
  • evelyn602 said:
    These are awesome today! Mine is boring...I hate my dog. I dream of bringing her to the pound but I never would. It's a great dream though.
    This is me. I really really hate my dog and sort of resent DH for getting him. I told him over and over I didn't want a dog, didn't want to take care of a dog and then he shows up with this puppy. 5 years later the dog is still the biggest asshole ever. Now with DS being here the dog gets jealous and will bark and bark until we play with him. I finally found a coworker who was willing to take my dog but DH wouldn't let me, not because he wants the dog still, but the fact that I would see her every day and was worried we'd have to take him back when she couldn't handle him lol.
    Our dog was an attention barker too before we had LO, and it made me hate him so much for the first few weeks of maternity leave when he would bark SO LOUD at me when I held the baby and then run away like it was a game.

We got a shock collar and it worked like a DREAM!  I always said I would never use that sort of training on my precious doggie, but I have NO regrets.  I shocked him once during one of his barking outbursts and it worked, if I see him getting worked up and wanting to bark for attention now all I have to do is say "NO" in a stern tone and he immediately stops.  He wore the collar for maybe a week.

Best idea ever!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I am only making mommy friends so that my dd will have friends in my neighbourhood to play with. I actually can't stand a lot of these women.

This! This is totally my fear.
  • I was always shocked by how much my bff's daughter weighed when she was a baby (she was always in the top percentiles). I always assumed she was over feeding her. Well, you know what they say when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me because now my ds is in the top percentiles for weight. Hello, karma, nice to see you...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have another one that is kind of pathetic.

I have an acquaintance about my age who had her first child (also a boy) about a month before me. I don't really know her that well, but we have been acquaintances for about three or four years and she seems nice. She doesn't live near me but she lives where all our family lives so you think it would be a natural to have a play date with them. Well neither of us has brought it up until yesterday she commented on one of DS's photos on FB that we should get together.

I kind of want to but I've stalked her FB page a lot since DS was born given our similar circumstances and I can't help but be a little jealous of her. She has a really nice house (I've been to it before for a social function) in an area we would like to move to, she looks like she lost all the baby weight and got a new cute haircut. I was overweight to start with and still have baby weight on top of that to lose. I haven't got my hair done since DS was 5 weeks because I was itching for a new style but realistically I never have time to style it so I haven't decided what to do with it. I feel like a fat slob in comparison and I feel like I'll just feel worse about myself if we get together and also it might be awkward since we don't know each other well. 

I wish I could get over myself.

• evelyn602 said:
    Our dog was an attention barker too before we had LO, and it made me hate him so much for the first few weeks of maternity leave when he would bark SO LOUD at me when I held the baby and then run away like it was a game.

We got a shock collar and it worked like a DREAM!  I always said I would never use that sort of training on my precious doggie, but I have NO regrets.  I shocked him once during one of his barking outbursts and it worked, if I see him getting worked up and wanting to bark for attention now all I have to do is say "NO" in a stern tone and he immediately stops.  He wore the collar for maybe a week.

Best idea ever!
    We also used the shock collar to train our lab.  It was fantastic!! We hired a dog trainer (more like a whisperer) and he recommended it because you make it shock the dog without you having to touch the dog.  It puts the negative association on what the dog is doing versus you.  It worked like a charm when our dog was getting into the trash.  She associated touching the trash can with getting a shock.  Only took a few times for it to sink in.
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Every time someone uses the phrase side-eye, this is what I picture:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Trish625 said:
    Now that I stay at home, I rarely brush my teeth in the morning. Usually only on the weekends if we're going somewhere.

Nasty!  No wonder you look like a troll.

I have an acquaintance about my age who had her first child (also a boy) about a month before me. I don't really know her that well, but we have been acquaintances for about three or four years and she seems nice. She doesn't live near me but she lives where all our family lives so you think it would be a natural to have a play date with them. Well neither of us has brought it up until yesterday she commented on one of DS's photos on FB that we should get together.

I kind of want to but I've stalked her FB page a lot since DS was born given our similar circumstances and I can't help but be a little jealous of her. She has a really nice house (I've been to it before for a social function) in an area we would like to move to, she looks like she lost all the baby weight and got a new cute haircut. I was overweight to start with and still have baby weight on top of that to lose. I haven't got my hair done since DS was 5 weeks because I was itching for a new style but realistically I never have time to style it so I haven't decided what to do with it. I feel like a fat slob in comparison and I feel like I'll just feel worse about myself if we get together and also it might be awkward since we don't know each other well. 

People tend to post their "best selves" on FB. I once posted super cute pics of M's first swim. No one knew that outing was actually super stressful and caused a huge fight between my husband and me. Point being - her life is likely not as great as it seems in pictures. 
    I keep trying to tell myself that. Thanks for the reminder. The main reason I'm hesitant is because I tend to be an introvert and the only real friends I have are the same ones I've known since middle school, so it's been a long time since I've tried to make friends with someone new. We were all the quiet, nerdy kids. :) I would live to have more friends though and it would be really cool for DS to have a playmate.

• My husband knew the Sil.k R.oad guy and was good friends with his sister from elementary through high school. I think it's fascinating to be that close to such an innovative and successful (though short-lived) crime ring. 

ETA: I also find it a little scary.
    As a child the Happy Face Killer lived between myself and my best friends house! When we had to walk past his house we always ran! And it wasn't until a lot later did they discover him! I still have reoccurring dream that he is chasing us!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

People tend to post their "best selves" on FB. I once posted super cute pics of M's first swim. No one knew that outing was actually super stressful and caused a huge fight between my husband and me. Point being - her life is likely not as great as it seems in pictures. 

I just wanted to add that I HAD to get a cute new haircut because my hair is falling out so bad I'm about to go bald. Would I tell people that's the reason for the new do? Pffft, no!

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally played a sick card one evening so DH felt sorry for me and let me go to bed. He cleaned up supper and put DD to bed it was heavenly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad I'm not the only one who's dental hygiene has suffered since LO was born...I always do in the AM but sometimes at night I'm so tired I go pass out and tell myself I'll brush when I'm up for the MOTN feeding (which is worse than skipping morning!) lol I'm trying to do better though, had to get 2 fillings this week!!

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"