Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Ameda purely yours breast pump

So my insurance provides this pump and I've done some research on it. Most people like it, but several reviews have commented that it is noisy. I work in an office with 95% men and will be pumping in my office behind closed doors. The doors/walls aren't that thick and I don't know how I will feel pumping with a pump that you can hear out in the hall and reception. 

Does anyone have an opinion on the sound level of the Ameda purely yours?

Re: Ameda purely yours breast pump

• Options
    It's not THAT loud. Behind closed doors will be fine. You can also download a white noise app on your phone if that makes you feel better.

• Options
    I had one. It wouldn't be loud enough to hear in reception. If someone had their ear to your door or an adjoining wall, they would probably notice it. But it wouldn't stop hallway traffic or anything.

Is a Medela really that much quieter? Sometimes people say weird things in online reviews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've used both a Medela and an Ameda.  I think they are about the same volume wise.  I actually find the noise itself on the Medela to be a bit more annoying.  Either way, neither would be all that distracting through a wall/closed door.  If it bothers you, or your co-workers you can always put a pillow/jacket/blanket over the motor part.  That muffles it a lot.  I did that once when I needed to join a conference call while pumping.  It worked great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options
    It's definitely not that loud.  I used a Medela Harmony in the hospital and the Ameda when we came home.  The Medela was definitely louder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"