VBAC
Options

Two pregnancies with no labor = 2 c/s. Yet another attempt for #3 of a natural birth?

I am pregnant now with # 3. With #1, I was induced, it failed and I ended up with a c/s. textbook case. I was 41.5 weeks. In no way should I have been induced, my body was not ready and I barely got to 2cm after 1.5 days. With #2, I tried so hard for a VBAC, waited until 42 weeks and was not even a fingertip dilated, although that time I had actually been having contractions for a few weeks. I had a RCS at that point. So now with #3, I am planning to try again. I fibbed about my conception date to buy an extra 4 days and found a Dr who seems totally willing. But there's still that 42week deadline that I just will never get around and my body's proven track record of NEVER going into labor. I had such high hopes last time of the VBAC and was so disappointed to have another c/s. Has anyone been in this situation? I feel like the odds are so against me of ever going into labor on my own. I am so afraid of getting my hopes up again only to end up with yet another c/s. Would you try again and is there something I'm missing that I could try during this pregnancy?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Two pregnancies with no labor = 2 c/s. Yet another attempt for #3 of a natural birth?

• Options
    I have no advice, but I am also hoping for a VBA2C. Good luck!
  • Options
    This is my third delivery, but I have never been in labor. Went to 42w3d before I signed up for my first c-section. My second was also a c-section. I am hoping against my body's track record that I will go into labor on my own for VBA2C.
    I have a pretty good provider, and while I'm hopeful for a VBAC, a c-section is certainly being discussed as a possibility. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying. And, I think you should be allowed a TOL. Good luck finding a supportive provider and going into labor spontaneously!! Keep us posted!
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"