Postpartum Depression
Options

baby blues or something more??

i'm a second time mom, my new daughter is 10 days old.  since we've been home from the hospital, i've just felt...weird.  crying a lot, feeling out of it and spacey, and anxious about nothing in particular.  when i was pregnant with my first daughter i had horrible anxiety and depression during the pregnancy but going on zoloft (which i've been on since) completely worked wonders, and i experienced no PPD with baby #1.  i havent felt much anxiety at all since being on zoloft, so i am kind of freaked out that this is the start of ppd, which terrifies me.  i think i'm anxious about becoming anxious, if that makes sense? hoping it's just the baby blues, but i thought those ususally went away after a week or so of delivering?

Re: baby blues or something more??

• Options
    I'm visiting this forum because I am questioning if I may be getting PPD also...I remember my nurse at the hospital saying that baby blues last 2-3 weeks, anything longer may be PPD. My son is almost 4 weeks and it's gotten worse this week..plus he is very fussy so I feel overwhelmed. I'm not sure what to do. 
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• Options
    I am feeling exactly the same way... I am prone to depression and anxiety and was taking Prozac prior to pregnancy. I am three weeks postpartum and feeling worse everyday... I too am anxious about being anxious because I am terrified of postpartum depression. I don't have any negative feelings about the baby and I enjoy taking care of him, I just can't stop crying... I feel anxious all the time and cannot sleep. I'm not sure if its just the blues or more? I am also not sure if I should call my PCP or my OB??

I hope you feel better. It's a horrible feeling and really not what I want to remember about my sons first weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you are indeed sure it may be more then the baby blues and ppd is striking it's ugly head, I encourage you to seek help from your obgyn. The quicker you do the faster you will be able to feel better and enjoy that baby! All the best wishes to you momma!
  • Options
    I had horrible PPA after my first son was born! I felt foggy all the time and worried about EVERYTHING-what he would wear for the day, what would I do if he didn't sleep good, etc. I was put on paxil and felt so much better-weaned myself off after 3 months. Unfortunately, feeling that "anxiety" gave me anxiety over anxiety-hope that makes sense! So after I had my second, I immediately went on paxil again before those feelings even struck! Bottom line is, don't let it get so out of control that you feel hopeless....make the call to your ob or family practitioner and they can get you some relief!!! I remember that fog lifting and thinking-ok, here I am, I can do this!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"