LGBT Parenting

How many LBGT couples do you know that are TTC, Pregnant, or have kids?

karah0011karah0011 member
edited October 2013 in LGBT Parenting
My wife is the sponsor of the Gay/Straight Alliance for her high school and she needs our help. They are trying to poll as many different people as possible to come up with some statistics. Since, we are all from different places, I thought this might be a good way to help her.

How many LBGT couples do you know that are TTC, Pregnant, or have kids? Friends, family, close acquaintences. Counting yourself. THANKS!

How many LBGT couples do you know that are TTC, Pregnant, or have kids? 42 votes

None
9% 4 votes
1-5
57% 24 votes
6-10
21% 9 votes
11-15
7% 3 votes
More than 15
4% 2 votes

Re: How many LBGT couples do you know that are TTC, Pregnant, or have kids?

• I've got C and myself, a gay male couple with a kid via surrogate, a co-parenting couple (gay male + single lesbian) in CA, a lesbian couple with a child via DI, and a single female lesbian friend who is trying for a baby.  That makes 5.
  • Thanks for explaining @wishiwaspreggo!  I love the diversity of families! I also have a singe female lesbian friend TTC.  
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a lesbian friend who adopted an amazing girl. There don't seem to be many LGBT families with children or trying for children in our area... at least, none that I know personally!

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• I started counting in my head and then realized that I started to count some of the women on here.  Haha, I consider you all my friends!  Or this is just a sign that I am a little obsessed with my life on thebump :-)

But in REAL life I know two lesbian couples that have kids, one transgendered couple that are raising children.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Woah, 2 people know more than 15?  That's awesome!
  • Thank you for your votes everyone! There is still time if you have not had time.  The whole goal is to spread awareness through schools.  Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"