April 2014 Moms

UO

Bring it! I don't work until 4:30 today, so, I'm bored. Not sure I can think of one at the moment...
BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345

Re: UO

• I think caramel and butterscotch are super gross.
    Agreed. Though I don't mind a tiny bit of caramel if its wrapped in loads of chocolate and masked by all kinds of other stuff. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think whipped cream (or cool whip) is disgusting and mint and chocolate do not go together... Bring it!!! Lol
  • I never am on here early enough to put one in, so I've been sitting on this one for a while. I don't really like bacon. I don't understand the hype about it. I much prefer sausage.
    NOOOOO! That can't be!!! :-D

• AprilMay9 said:
    I think pregnancy announcements are super cheesy
    That's why they are so awesome!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I think caramel and butterscotch are super gross.
    I like caramel but not butterscotch, ick. 

I only like caramel and butterscotch, but not chocolate.. or much else, as far as sweets. Except ice cream, I love that. :)

I own a baking business on the side, and I throw away almost all my 'extras' because I don't like cake. I just like making cake pretty, lol. DH isnt a sweets person either... super weird.

UO: I dont like bacon either.. or most pork products. I'm down for a ham sandwich at like, easter, and thats IT.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• Here's one I know is unpopular around here -

I think the board guidelines and having mods on a BMB are two ridiculous things. 

Now, before you tell me the "if you don't like it leave" line, let me say I choose to hang out here because 1. I like TB and 2. I think there are some pretty cool girls here I am looking forward to getting to know. 

My last BMB was awesome and I am good friends with a few of those girls IRL now.  We never needed rules or guidelines or the crazy number of check ins and it was much more chill.  It is off putting that a board would have these things and I do intend to continue to ignore them because of the reasons I listed above.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• We made chocolate covered bacon once. It was weird, but, it was also insanely good. Not something I'm in to making again, but, bacon is the bomb. 
  • I hate chocolate sauce.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @J&NL

Presents that the fathers are "supposed" to get the mothers for pushing out the baby.

I agree, bullshit.

However I'd never turn down a gift from DH but I just hope he'd call it a congrats on being a mom gift.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I never am on here early enough to put one in, so I've been sitting on this one for a while. I don't really like bacon. I don't understand the hype about it. I much prefer sausage.

::GASP::  Bacon is life!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• nikki912 said:
    @J&NL Presents that the fathers are "supposed" to get the mothers for pushing out the baby. I agree, bullshit. However I'd never turn down a gift from DH but I just hope he'd call it a congrats on being a mom gift.
    Ha! I guess XH missed that memo.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • I think 'push presents' are the stupidest things I've ever heard of...ever. You want a gift for doing what nature intended for you to do? You literally want a prize for that?

People who ask for one or expect one (which is already uncouth, you don't DEMAND a gift) are just as bad as people who have 2 and 3 bridal or baby showers. Quit turning your life events into money-making ventures. Celebrate the birth of your beautiful baby by, I don't know, spending time together? Stuff like that makes women sound like materialistic dumbasses.

We got 'thank God we are actually parents' presents for the Christmas after DD was born (watch for him/earrings for me). We didnt have an awful go of it as these things go, but there were hormone treatments, a m/c and 13 mos of ttc, so we wanted somthing nice to congratulate/cellibrate- much like you do gifts for graduations & weddings- large life milestones. Hate the push present term though.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • snmetz7 I hate Andes. But I'm with you on pork - even before I gave up meat, I hated pork!
  • nikki912 said:

I hate when I see a couple sit on the same side of the table at a restaurant when it's just them. How can you have a conversation comfortably? It seems so wierd to me. I love my husband and like bing close to him but when there is food- mama needs her space.

That actually kind of goes with another: I instantly lose respect for someone If their mate orders their meal for them. And not just bc the other is busy dealing with kids or in the bathroom. It makes me want to scream into their face about gaining some independence.

We are major food sharers, so depending on the layout of the table, and what we are ordering, sometimes we do both of those things. Most of the time we wanna see each others faces and talk while we eat, but food is def a love language for both of us; if it is easier to swap plates and pick off the appetizer together on the same side, I'm sitting next to him!
  • I love breakfast meats of all kinds. ... except Canadian Bacon. Wtf is up with it? It's ham not bacon! Also, not into pumpkin flavored everything anymore, it's too much!
  • Rogue237 said:
    snmetz7 I hate Andes. But I'm with you on pork - even before I gave up meat, I hated pork!
    *dies* they were my favorite part of going to olive garden so much so that santa started putting them in my stocking for christmas! yum so good.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• nikki912 said:

I hate when I see a couple sit on the same side of the table at a restaurant when it's just them. How can you have a conversation comfortably? It seems so wierd to me. I love my husband and like bing close to him but when there is food- mama needs her space.

That actually kind of goes with another: I instantly lose respect for someone If their mate orders their meal for them. And not just bc the other is busy dealing with kids or in the bathroom. It makes me want to scream into their face about gaining some independence.

We are major food sharers, so depending on the layout of the table, and what we are ordering, sometimes we do both of those things. Most of the time we wanna see each others faces and talk while we eat, but food is def a love language for both of us; if it is easier to swap plates and pick off the appetizer together on the same side, I'm sitting next to him!
    ----

I understand wanting to talk and share food but its more difficult and uncomfortable to talk sitting right next to him. I want to sit across so I can see his face and hold eye contact. I can see how it would be easier to share food if you're next to each other. However most of the sharing at our table is on my husbands part. I am kind of a selfish eater.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• All this talk of bacon, combined with the smell of it in my office is TORTURE. Give me some!!!
    *Married 10.10.08*
  • not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I loathe people who name their baby while still pregnant and require that everyone else call the baby by name when it is not even born yet.

I was team green with dd, so I called her
    'It' all the time which weirded my sr manager out. Then once she was here it took me a week of so to get adjusted to her having an appropriate pronoun (eg- DH you need to take it so I can shower... I mean her).

*Married 10.10.08*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"