Childless not by choice

How was everybody's weekends?

Anybody do anything good?  Am I the only one working on this fine Columbus Day? 

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: How was everybody's weekends?

• DH and I laid low the whole weekend and it was SO nice.  We went over to my ILs for a while on Saturday since they were away for his birthday but that was it. 

We got two movies from the Redbox:  Imposter (which I did not realize when I got it that it was a documentary) and Olympus Has Fallen which was kinda stupid but I have no problem staring at Gerard Butler for 2 hours. 

Otherwise the weekend consisted of catching up on the DVR, watching football, reading, with a little bit of laundry mixed in... it was so nice and relaxing.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awww, I feel so bad for your dogs. I'm sure everybody is much happier now though.  

I keep thinking that we should try fostering dogs (I really want to foster cats but DH doesn't like cats at all).  How do you manage not to get too attached to them? I'm always afraid that I won't want to give the dog up when the time comes.
  • Loading the player...
  • @thekikimonster  I do have one dog, we believe she's a 3 1/2 yo rotti-beagle mix (she's a rescue, so really knows)  When it comes to other dogs she's very playful and extremely submissive, she'll be on her back in no time, lol.  
    This is her not happy to be woken up by having her picture taken:
  • What a cutie patootie! She looks like a forever-puppy.
    Married to the love of my life since 2005
    TTC #1 - 
    BFP # 1: 5/2006 - m/c @ 6 weeks (natural) / EDD 1/17/2007
    BFP # 2: 7/2007 - chemical pregnancy / EDD 3/18/2008
    BFP # 3: 6/2013 - 7/9 u/s: No hb, measuring 2 weeks behind. Very high HCG#'s 7/21 u/s: No change, ruled out molar pregnancy. Completed Natural Missed M/C 7/26/2013 / EDD 2/5/2014
    TTA with Diaphragm. 
    CFNBC
    I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, that was the trouble; I wanted to kiss you goodnight. And there's a lot of difference. - Ernest Hemingway 

Licensed foster family. No current placements. Open to adoption but that is not our goal and as such we don't have dual foster/adopt home study.
    2012-2013: Former Foster Mommy to 1 bubbly little 8 y.o. girl that has moved onto an amazing adoptive home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"