3rd Trimester
Options

Paraffin Hand Treatment

I'm 29 weeks pregnant, I have a dentist appointment this morning where they typically offer a paraffin hand treatment during it. Can I participate in this? I want to, but there's not much info online about it. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Paraffin Hand Treatment

• Options
    I can't think of anything about it that could be harmful. It's just a wax they put on your hands. I assume since it's a dentist office there would be no essential oils or anything like that.
  • Options
    The only thing I can find online is that it's not recommended because it can raise your body's internal temperature. But that seems a bit extreme to me, it's just your hands not your whole body.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ktpaladinoktpaladino member
    edited October 2013
    Your DENTIST offers this? Where can I sign up for this dentist? LOL

I have an at home paraffin wax bath and plan on using it when my hands get really dry. It's really no different then putting a soap or lotion on your hands.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I think a warm shower or a brisk walk has a higher chance of raising your body temperature to a dangerous level. If you do it and you start to feel overheated ask them to take it off.
  • Options
    Awesome thanks guys! 
    And yes, when I heard they offered this I was like sign me up! You can whatever you want to my teeth while I relax here!! :-)
  • Options
    My massage therapist does this during all prenatal massages. Just did it yesterday and it was wonderful.
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I need to find a new dentist! lol this sounds amazing!
  • Options
    I need to find a new dentist that does this, too!!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"