3rd Trimester
Options

Normal pregnancy pain vs contractions

With my first pregnancy, I was induced and had an epidural, so I am not sure how different that would be compared to going into labor. I am two weeks from my due date and have been having some pains all day. From what I remember, labor contractions felt like menstrual cramps. The pain I have been having today is mainly in the area below my belly button (but not really going on the sides). The best way to describe the feeling would be that it kind of feels like I did like 100 situps yesterday and have really sore stomach muscles today. It is not a constant pain and has been hurting off any on all day. It starting to feel a bit worse and hard to walk at times. I am just not sure if it is contractions or just some normal pregnancy thing I didn't experience last time. Any thoughts would be well appreciated.

Re: Normal pregnancy pain vs contractions

• Options
    Can you time the pains? It's really hard to say whether or not it's contractions though. Could be labor-could be just per labor. Stay hydrated, keep mobile when you can and if it gets worse you can always head in to L&D and get checked out.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had it still throughout the night and still this morning. It comes and goes, but not getting closer together. So maybe just pre-labor. Thanks for the info.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tough to say. Your body may be warming up or it may be the real thing. If they get more intense and closer together then its probably the real thing. If they subside or go away then it's not. You'll know, I promise!

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    I would also be timing them and writing it down if they continue or get more intense. Stay hydrated!!
  • Options

i'm now 36 weeks and for the last 1.5 weeks or so have been having a ton of activity. my stomach is hardening which I think is the Braxton hicks contractions or the fake ones prepping me for the real deal and the baby is going wild in there at a time when I thought she was supposed to be winding down due to lack of room. I keep wondering if I am going to go into labor sooner then I had thought. I don't experience increase in intensity nor closer segments of the experience so i'm not feeling the need to be checked out but i'm watching carefully!! good luck:)

• Options

Drink lots of water and rest on your left side. If the pains get closer together or increase in intensity then it could be labor but it sounds like it is just normal pre-labor pains. Either way, if it doesn't get better I would call your OB just to be safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"