Blended Families
Options

How do you do Thanksgiving holiday

Do you have the whole weekend or just the day?

Our current order has Weds at 3:30 PM until Sunday at 7:00 PM.  
However, we are in the processing of changing our order to a week/week custody with a transition on Fridays.  So I was thinking it made sense to reduce Thanksgiving so that it ends on Friday. This way if it is your week - he stays with you but if it is the other persons week it will keep disruption to a minimum.   Does that make sense or am I not being fair?

Re: How do you do Thanksgiving holiday

• Options
    We just do the one day. I think your solution sounds fair.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options

my SS is grown now but in the past it wasn't a big deal for Thanksgiving.  We have a decent relationship with his BM who had physical custody so if we were traveling to see family and wanted him with us, she would gladly let us take him, even if it wasn't our time to have him. Likewise, we'd give her the same...if it was our time but she wanted to take him somewhere, we'd swap time.

That's how it should be .  Give and take, I really feel bad for the kids when parents cant get along for the sake of the child. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depends on if its one of our weekends. This year its my weekend and its in our CO that we switch years. My brother and SIL live in another state and are coming this year so we are spending four days with them at mu parents. DD has not had that much quality time with her cousins because XH never wanted to stick around for more than half a day. So i am looking forward to it and DD bonding more with them.

Unfortunately the catch is my Christmas with DD will be limited. XH gets her Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. :(. I don't even want to think about it. But I will have a special Christmas night with her.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    The parent that gets thanksgiving gets Friday the day school lets out all the way until the next Sunday at 6.
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For us I get Thanksgiving Day and BD wanted Friday evening to Saturday evening. I think ending on the Friday sounds good. Although, look into future years - will it end up something crappy like the weekend always falls on ParentA's time? Like if it's ParentA's Thanksgiving they get Wednesday-Sunday, but when it's ParentB's Thanksgiving they only get Wednesday-Friday?
  • Options
    DH's CO says Thanksgiving holiday starts Wednesday at 8 pm and ends Sunday at 5 pm.  BM wanted Thanksgiving to start on Thanksgiving at noon and end the following morning but the attorney made it clear that in our area, the standard is Wednesday through Sunday.  I personally like that Thanksgiving is a weekend long holiday.  It allows people time to travel and enjoy the holiday a bit more without staring at the clock all day.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    we do the whole school break. So that should run Wed through Sunday.  

We alternate T-day and Spring Break with Winter Break.  It sort of equals out. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    jobalchak said:
    DH's CO says Thanksgiving holiday starts Wednesday at 8 pm and ends Sunday at 5 pm.  BM wanted Thanksgiving to start on Thanksgiving at noon and end the following morning but the attorney made it clear that in our area, the standard is Wednesday through Sunday.  I personally like that Thanksgiving is a weekend long holiday.  It allows people time to travel and enjoy the holiday a bit more without staring at the clock all day.
    Having the full weekend is nice as it allows the family to travel. This year BD said he didn't want any Thanksgiving time since he was working, and also since he gave up his time with his DD to XGF/BM2. Anyway, DH & I are going to enjoy the holiday by spending time with my family on Thanksgiving, then leaving bright and early Friday morning to the ILs 4.5 hours away, and staying there through Sunday night. I'm glad we'll have the ability to travel and enjoy a long weekend.
  • Options

The whole time out of school from 6pm on dismissal day until 6pm the night before school resumes and Thanksgiving and Spring break are done the same so that each parent gets one of those breaks.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    We split the day. One parent gets lunch the other gets dinner. We are both local so it's easy to do a swap. And however the weekend falls according to co is what we stick to
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"