Planning vbac but scheduling a csection — The Bump
VBAC

Planning vbac but scheduling a csection

I am 100% planning a vbac, however my doctor said we should think about when we would just do a c section because it will be easier to schedule it now than later and it's easy to cancel. I was wondering if anyone else had their MD schedule something just in case? If so when did you pick? I was thinking 42 weeks 1 day he was fine with this as a plan I'm just wondering if I should wait longer?

Re: Planning vbac but scheduling a csection

  • My OB will be scheduling one for 41 weeks, he won't let me go beyond that. Fingers crossed I go into labor on my own before then!
    image
    image
  • My ob scheduled mine at 42 weeks as well. I am hoping for a vbac
  • Mine is for 40+1 but i have gestational diabetes

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine didnt mention scheduling a csection at all, the plan was to induce if no baby by 41 weeks, the latest my hospital lets any woman go. We never discussed scheduling, not sure if that is because DS came at 38 weeks.

    Me: 30 DH:32

    DD 3/11  

    MMC 2/12

    DS 1/13

    TTC #3 since 2/17.  Malignant molar missed miscarriage 8/22/17

  • holly321 said:

    Mine didnt mention scheduling a csection at all, the plan was to induce if no baby by 41 weeks, the latest my hospital lets any woman go.

    We never discussed scheduling, not sure if that is because DS came at 38 weeks.

    I would do some serious research before allowing them to induce a vbac. My hospital refuses to use pitocin on a vbac bc of the increased risk of uterin rupture.

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    itskristen
  • bnikiz said:
    Mine didnt mention scheduling a csection at all, the plan was to induce if no baby by 41 weeks, the latest my hospital lets any woman go. We never discussed scheduling, not sure if that is because DS came at 38 weeks.
    I would do some serious research before allowing them to induce a vbac. My hospital refuses to use pitocin on a vbac bc of the increased risk of uterin rupture.

    I actually already vbaced in January. I had done plenty of research and found in many cases, induction is a safe option for a Vbac, as long as the mother has had some progress. With my vbac, I ended up needing to be induced with pitocin, since my water broke and I did not go into labor.

    Me: 30 DH:32

    DD 3/11  

    MMC 2/12

    DS 1/13

    TTC #3 since 2/17.  Malignant molar missed miscarriage 8/22/17

    Summadaze
  • I am hoping for a VBAC but scheduled a c-section for 39 weeks just in case I don't go into labor on my own
  • My OB hasn't brought it up yet, but (personally) I would go for induction rather than a RCS. I do think waiting that long is great though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a planned c section for 40 weeks, and little girl came via vbac a week early! I had a feeling she was going to come early, and I'm so glad she did!
  • My doctor did the same thing. I scheduled mine for 41 weeks 2 days. I could have went to 42 weeks as well.
  • Nikdayday said:
    I am hoping for a VBAC but scheduled a c-section for 39 weeks just in case I don't go into labor on my own
    I would try to move that to at LEAST 40 weeks, if there is no medical factors. I did 39 weeks this with my last and ended up with a RCS. This time my RCS is set for 40 weeks, but I may change it if my dr allows me to go later than 40 for a VBA2C.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards