Pre-School and Daycare

Intro and Illness Prevention

Hi Mommies! It's my first time posting here (though I should have come over much sooner!) I have one DD, age 3, and will be turning 4 in February. She has been going to preschool since her 2nd birthday since DH and I both work full time. DD has had her share of illness as one would expect with a little one in school, but I wanted to see if any of you have any tips for helping to prevent the stomach flu in particular? I hate seeing her so miserable!
DH & I: 29
TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
TTC #2 since October 2011
2IF issues
7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and Illness Prevention

• UGH, no, I wish. Stomach bugs are the worst and they spread like wildfire. I've hand-washed like mad and been super careful and STILL if someone gets it usually most of us get it. I did learn that if your stomach bug is a norovirus, only Lysol spray (the original aerosol style stuff) or bleach will kill it. Clorox wipes, etc. don't do the trick. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Handwashing is routine for when we come in the house from anywhere. And we have tried our best to do the happy birthday song or at least count to 20 while washing. I wish there was some other magic. Good tip from NicoleWI about the lysol spray. I didn't realize!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • The stomach flu is the worst!  No new advice; hand wash, lysol wipes,etc...
  • The stomach flu is the worst, and since they can still shed the virus for a few days after their symptoms subside, it's really hard to avoid. I feel like we get it every time we go to the ILs house for Thanksgiving.
  • DItto what everyone else said, but I'm also super big into reminding DD not to put her hands in her nose or mouth, or toys in her mouth (she tries to copy her baby brother). We talk alot about how by putting our hands in our nose and mouth we're allowing germs to get in and make us sick.
    imageimage
  • LSU628 said:
    DItto what everyone else said, but I'm also super big into reminding DD not to put her hands in her nose or mouth, or toys in her mouth (she tries to copy her baby brother). We talk alot about how by putting our hands in our nose and mouth we're allowing germs to get in and make us sick.
    on this note, grab a book or 2 on germs (Berenstain Bears Ready for School) is one i just picked up that talks about germs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"