Working Moms
Options

Tattoo placement

If you have a tattoo(s), where is it/are they located? Pro's and con's about that location?

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting a small one on the top of my foot, off to the side, under my ring(?) and pinky toes. Maybe about 2 inches long, so pretty small.

I don't believe this will be an issue at my current employer at all, however, my DH expressed concern that if I move to a different employer or go on an interview, that it will show and it will hurt my chances of a job, or be problematic. I feel like I can cover it up with a band aide and nude panty hose if I needed to, or boots, or even find a closed toed shoe that covers it if I needed it to be covered.

Anyway, pro's and cons? Thoughts? Better place to get one? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tattoo placement

• Options
    I have 4 tats.  Warning: tattoos can be addicting.  A small one on your foot is a perfect place.

I have an anklet which is visible to employers and never had any issues. For interviews, I wear pantyhose.

The other three can be hidden with clothing most of the time.  The butterfly tramp-stamp on the lower back (ah-loved the ripe age of 19), a chinese symbol below my belly button above my mons pubis (hehe) and a small heart by my hip bone. I don't regret any but the heart is my least fave.

Funny you mention this post as I was talking tats this past wknd. I thought I was all done with tattoos as it has been 13 yrs since my last tattoo but I wouldn't mind something small and feminine again.  Also, my mindset was and still is if there is laser tattoo removal now medical science will advance by the time (if) I want them removed.

Advice: make certain of the design you want and qualifications/skills of the artist.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha. I have heard they are addicting. I am getting three stars, one with a halo and/or wings. One of each of boys and my loss.

Funny how it isn't the needle that scares me, and more the judgement of people. Crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a small one on my hip. It is personal and I purposely got in a place that wouldn't be visible. I don't think one on your foot would be a problem. You can always cover it up in that location, if you are worried about it.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have one on my lower back, and I really like the placement.  I can easily hide it for work (I work in finances) the only down side is that it is commonly known as a "tramp stamp" so people ask me if I regret the placement because of that reason.  I don't :)

I'm looking to get another one soon, maybe on my wrist (able to be covered by a bracelet or watch) or on my lower neck/ shoulders
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I have one on the foot. It has been there for over 20 years so it has faded and lost some of its shape I believe due to the foot regenrating skin and sweating, shoes, etc. But, I love it and no regrets. When I interview for a job I put a bandaid on it. I then wear the bandaid the first week or so on a new job and then viola! it is off and people comment sometimes. I forget about it a lot.
  • Options
    I have two, one in my ear and the other on my ankle. I hate them both! If I wear my hair back, I put cover up on the tattoo in my ear. I never wear skirts/dresses to work. Visible tattoos at my current employer is completely permissible, but I feel visible tattoos look trashy. If I had the income, I would get them removed, especially my ankle tattoo. I'd rather sport an ugly scar.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

I have two, one in my ear and the other on my ankle. I hate them both! If I wear my hair back, I put cover up on the tattoo in my ear. I never wear skirts/dresses to work. Visible tattoos at my current employer is completely permissible, but I feel visible tattoos look trashy. If I had the income, I would get them removed, especially my ankle tattoo. I'd rather sport an ugly scar.

8-|

Says the girl with the tramp stamp.
  • Options

8-|

This coming from such a klassy person. You look like you're giving a blow job in your avatar. It's kinda hard to take your seriously.   ;))
  • Options

8-|
    This coming from such a klassy person. You look like you're giving a blow job in your avatar. It's kinda hard to take your seriously.   ;))

From one klassy lady to another, I suppose? I imagine butterflies and the word love, in whatever language, are in your immediate future. Enjoy that.
  • Options
    From one klassy lady to another, I suppose? I imagine butterflies and the word love, in whatever language, are in your immediate future. Enjoy that.
    Wow, you're just offending everyone now. Grow up!
  • Options
    financialdivafinancialdiva member
    edited October 2013

8-|

Butterflies? Umm no. It will be to honor my children and my dead baby. So trashy of me I suppose. To want to remember all my babies, even the one in heaven....

• Options
    I've got the proverbial "tramp stamp" too.  I'm happy with the placement because it's not an area on my body that will grow/change significantly over time, so no concerns about distortions.  I would have preferred somewhere up front around my pelvic area, but knowing I wanted to be pregnant one day (got it when I was 18), and not knowing how large I may or may not get generally, I didn't want to risk it getting...weird.  
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Nicb13 said:

8-|

Wow, all I did was make a funny face because this was an innocent discussion about tattoos and you throw out the "trashy" statement. I don't care if you think that but damn. Chill dude.  

Chill, says the shit stirrer. Why is this always the case? Hmmm
  • Options

8-|

Butterflies? Umm no. It will be to honor my children and my dead baby. So trashy of me I suppose. To want to remember all my babies, even the one in heaven....

That's very original of you. I never really understood the whole tribute tattoo, but it's your body; your prerogative.
  • Options

8-|

That's very original of you. I never really understood the whole tribute tattoo, but it's your body; your prerogative.

Are you seriously trying to give @financialdiva sh!t for wanting to honor all her children ? Who does that ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. EYEROLL!
  • Options
    I personally don't understand the desire to get a tattoo. I try not to inflict pain on myself! Lol i know i am in the minority, but i just dont really like the way the look especially when they start to fade. Also, I am in a job where it would really be frowned upon. So, my advice is to just be really careful about where you put it making sure you can cover it up when need be. Good luck!
  • Options
    She knows how to keep it klassy @privacywanted! Giving me shit to honor my children. NBD, I was only really worried about professionals passing judgement ;)
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Are you seriously trying to give @financialdiva sh!t for wanting to honor all her children ? Who does that ?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. EYEROLL!

You really are being shitty for no reason. What's with the attitude? I didn't think you were normally like that on here. If it's because you took offense to the little face I posted, well, I won't apologize but I think you got worked up over nothing. 

Passive aggressive much?
  • Options
    I have one on my lower back, but to the side. It's a butterfly! of course. Got it one week after my 18th birthday. I actually love it because it's really pretty and it was kind of symbolic of taking flight as an adult. When I got married I wanted to get it added on to so the butterfly was sitting on a flower or something, kind of like I found my home. Cheesy I know, but I feel like it is small and needs something else.

I do love the location because I hardly ever remember its there so I never get sick of it and people only see it if I want them too.

As for other placements, I am deciding right now between the underside of my wrist or the back of my neck. I have a friend with one in both places and I love them, but I may not have enough courage. The neck is good because she just wears her hair down and if she wants to cover it and for the wrist she wears a watch. 
  • Options
    I have 2. One on my left shoulder and one on the inner side of my wrist. I love them both but DH hates them. The one on my shoulder is 2 hearts connected with wings and a halo each heat has my mom and grandmothers initial in them (because of everything the do for me and has done for me) and the one on my wrist is a star because no matter how much I try I'll keep reaching for a star. Cheesy I know but that helps me to remember to be better. The one on my should no now hardly sees and the one on my wrist is easily covered by my watch so it works for me!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have one there and just buy shoes for work that cover it.  There's plenty of shoes that have big straps there that cover it.  Mine isn't much bigger than one inch by one inch though.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"