Baby Showers
Options

Invite Wording help

We have having a ceremony to welcome our LO to the world. We aren't religious, so think of this as our own version of a baptism combined "Meet the Baby" type party.

We do NOT want gifts.  We've already received gifts from most of the people invited and I really don't want people to feel obligated to get something else for us. Is it ok to say that on the invite?  I am not sure if by saying "no gifts please" it sounds assuming...?

Here's the wording I was thinking of, thoughts appreciated: We've already been very blessed and LO is well equipped with everything she needs for now - no gifts needed!

Thanks!

Re: Invite Wording help

• Options

Don't mention gifts. 

If your guests do want to give you a gift-- let them-- and accept the gift graciously.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Darbie914 said:

Don't mention gifts. 

If your guests do want to give you a gift-- let them-- and accept the gift graciously.

All of this.
    Ok, thanks!  That's sort of what I thought...I just wasn't sure since we're making up our own type of event really so I don't think people will know what to do.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you think it's appropriate in your circle of friends, you can verbally spread the word that you really don't need anything/hope everyone will just come and have a good time together.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"