Secondary IF
Options

WWYD?? (HSG Related ?)

Hey Ladies,
Help!  I am so torn and looking for insight/wondering what you would do in this situation...I did try to call the nurse line at the RE but I think it was too late and I won't hear back from them till tomorrow.
Some quick background info-we have just started testing to see if we can find a cause for our secondary infertility.  No results yet.  Had CD3 blood work and u/s done (don't know the results yet) and HSG and DH's SA were scheduled for this week.  Been TTC #2 since June 2012.  Our first child was conceived in 2008 1st month not preventing (not trying).
So, I am scheduled to have my HSG done late tomorrow afternoon and can't decide if I want to cancel it for this month.  Due to scheduling issues tomorrow is CD 14 which I know is on the late side for an HSG.  I usually ovulate between day 14-18 (16-17 being the most common).  Of course...this month I have LOTS of fertile CM and had a blazingly positive OPK this afternoon.  So, while I realize the chances of us conceiving this month are slim-otherwise we wouldn't be doing this testing and seeking the interventions of an RE.  BUT, I can't help but be bothered by the idea that I would likely ovulate before the procedure tomorrow thus flushing away the egg and any chances of conceiving this month on our own.  We are not yet feeling in a red hot rush and likely would not start any medicated/treatment cycles until Dec anyway as my next appt with the RE is not until the very end of this month. 
Bottom line....would you...
-Just go ahead with the scheduled HSG knowing that there would be no chance of a BFP this month but maybe (?) start a treatment cycle a month sooner (Nov instead of Dec if all the stars alligned)?
OR
-Reschedule the HSG for CD 8-10 next month and give it one last final try this month on our own?

Thank you SO much if you read through this novel and are willing to give me your opinion!!

Re: WWYD?? (HSG Related ?)

• Options
    freakyfastfreakyfast member
    edited October 2013
    *sigh* This is a tough one bcw.  I sigh because I am not sure what I would do.  I held out hope every cycle leading up to every AF.  You will be very disappointed if there is something (b/w or SA) that is preventing you from conceiving and waiting postpones you for a month, but then there will also be that What If? in the back of you head.  
    I am sooo sorry I am ZERO help here.  I can't remember what days the HSG needs to be done, but if it is later maybe you should reschedule to be within the correct time frame. 
    What does your heart tell you? 

ETA: fix verbiage 

• Options
    I think you have to cancel it if you're Oing? It's supposed to be done way before that for a reason. I just think they can't go shooting dye in your tubes if there is an egg that is in there traveling- that just sounds like a recipe for some bad shit? Idk what would happen if you flush that egg up? I just think it would be bad. Even if you haven't actually Oed yet, I don't think I would do it this close to O. It just all seems bad. They're typically done between CD 6 and 10 for a reason. I would just reschedule it. I mean you can always call in the AM and ask them, but honestly even if they said come in I'd probably be uncomfortable and skip it anyway. 

Oh and I just remembered, you're not supposed to have sex right before the HSG either, so if you do want to have a shot this month, you kind of need to decide if you're going to DTD now or not. 

Good luck! Sorry about this crappy situation, but the EWCM sounds really promising, so I say go HIO! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you have to cancel it if you're Oing? It's supposed to be done way before that for a reason. I just think they can't go shooting dye in your tubes if there is an egg that is in there traveling- that just sounds like a recipe for some bad shit? Idk what would happen if you flush that egg up? I just think it would be bad. Even if you haven't actually Oed yet, I don't think I would do it this close to O. It just all seems bad. They're typically done between CD 6 and 10 for a reason. I would just reschedule it. I mean you can always call in the AM and ask them, but honestly even if they said come in I'd probably be uncomfortable and skip it anyway. 

Oh and I just remembered, you're not supposed to have sex right before the HSG either, so if you do want to have a shot this month, you kind of need to decide if you're going to DTD now or not. 

Good luck! Sorry about this crappy situation, but the EWCM sounds really promising, so I say go HIO! 

Thanks! I couldn't remember what the days for the HSG had to be.  Definitely cancel @ bcw2009  The office that does it shouldn't have even scheduled it.  We had someone else a bit ago have issues with something like this too.  

• Options
    Wow. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me last month. My period started early from the cycle prior so I think they thought they were scheduling it for CD 10 at my previous dr appt but it ended up being more like CD 13. I ended up canceling it mainly because I got a terrible UTI. But the possible Oing also factored into my decision. The only thing that stinks is that you'll have to wait till next month now. My HSG is re-scheduled for this Thursday. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"