May 2012 Moms
Options

Picky Eater

Until recently, DD was a good eater.  Meats and veggies have always been a bit of a challenge, but there were a few we could always rely on.  Now some of tried and true food are being pushed aside. The other night at dinner, she turned away a meal she's devoured in the past without even tasting it, and we resorted to giving her yogurt and grapes to eat.  Is this her way of exercising her independence? Doesn't she know how much this frustrates me?  Anyone else going through the same... or have any tips?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Picky Eater

• Options
    I have no tips, just a DD who has dropped from the 80th percentile for weight at 12 months down to the 25th now because she doesn't want to sit still long enough to eat a decent meal and won't eat stuff she isn't in the mood for, even if it's stuff she usually likes. I feel like I spend half my day now trying to figure out how to feed her enough so she doesn't actually lose weight. The pedi wasn't worried at her 15m appointment, but I'll be interested to hear if he feels the same at 18m. Good luck with your LO, hopefully it's just a phase!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DD is going through a similarly frustrating phase. Foods I know she likes, she turns her nose up at if she doesn't INSTANTLY recognise them.

I found a trick where if I let her use my fork and show her how to poke it into the food or put it on the end for her, she'll put it in her mouth and try it just because she likes the fact that she gets to be a big girl and use my fork like a big person. Then she proceeds to try unsuccessfully to use the fork on her own for about 2 minutes, gives up, then eats the food because now she's already put it in her mouth and has realised it's delicious. It's weird and convoluted but it gets the job done and I don't have to just feed her cucumber which cannot sustain a person no matter how much she wishes it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"