moms who had SPD or pelvic girdle pain — The Bump
September 2013 Moms

moms who had SPD or pelvic girdle pain

Title: moms who had SPD or pelvic girdle pain

How are you feeling now? I had it with DS and I recall the SPD recovering to at least 90% or so upon delivery, and then the other 10% or so within a few months.

This time, however, I'm not sure I'm ANY better than I was before delivering...maybe 5-10% better. I still need to sleep with a pillow between my legs (or just on my back--not sleeping on my belly due to nursing / plugged ducts) and it's hard to get in and out of bed. My lower back hurts when I walk if I have done certain activities in a day, such as picking up DS (my toddler--he's probably 30 lbs). DD is still so small it's easy to care for her, but if I have to carry her in her infant carseat I'm in trouble because the weight is so lopsided.

I was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat or if you all recovered quickly! I hope you did, but if you did not let me know, as well as what you're doing about it. I'm going to go back to physical therapy but my insurance only covers three more visits this year because I used so many during pregnancy. ugh. I'm really hoping I can fix this soon so that a) I can actually exercise and lose this massive amount of weight I gained (I'm like 30 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight...yuck!) and b) I can care for my two children!

Everything has been going great with DD since she came home except for this one thing, and it's starting to get me down.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: moms who had SPD or pelvic girdle pain

  • I actually stopped having that pain right after delivery. I'm sorry you guys are having a rough time. Hopefully it gets better soon!
    image

    image
  • I'm ok sleeping, but if I stand for too long, especially with my weight more on one leg, it really hurts to start walking again.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'd say I'm about 80 percent better. I had it with DS too, worse actually, but recovered right away. This time, my hips are fine now but it still hurts in my pelvis when I go to stand up from lying down or reclining. Hoping it gets better soon!

    I'm also not being nearly as good about wearing a hip and abdomen binder. I was really good about that last time. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I only feel it now about 20 mins into my workout. My back hurts just because I'm old.
    photo 86a9bed8-fe83-44f4-8233-6822762e6347_zpsc28c6977.jpg
  • Pockety said:
    I'd say I'm about 80 percent better. I had it with DS too, worse actually, but recovered right away. This time, my hips are fine now but it still hurts in my pelvis when I go to stand up from lying down or reclining. Hoping it gets better soon! I'm also not being nearly as good about wearing a hip and abdomen binder. I was really good about that last time. Maybe that has something to do with it.
    @Pockety - what hip / abdomen binder did / do you use? I also have been bad about wearing my belt thing, but I'm not even sure it's the right thing to be wearing anyhow. 

    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards