Parenting

I judged another mom yesterday... and hard!

So yesterday morning DD and I met some friends at a pumpkin patch/petting zoo. As we were strolling through the pumpkin patch we saw another mom go absolutely ballistic at her looked to be about 3-4 year old son. She took him by the neck and was screaming at him and then proceeded to spank the shit out of him. Everyone there was staring and I judged hard. What are your thoughts about spanking? I am very very against it, but then again that's just me. This woman definitely made a scene and made herself look like a total asshole.

Re: I judged another mom yesterday... and hard!

• Umm that sounds ridiculous!! I would have been judging right along with you! I am pro time outs and spanking. However there is a big difference in discipline, and just down right taking out your anger on a child.
  • Loading the player...
  • @JackoftheBox- Thanks! I thought maybe I was overreacting but this mom made such a scene and made herself look like a total asshole. I am against spanking but she literally took her son by the neck and was verbally assaulting him in front of an already very packed pumpkin patch/zoo (we went on Columbus Day and kids were out of school so it was mobbed!)
  • hmm..spanking and screaming at your child I am against whole heartedly..but I think a swat or two is fine as far as spanking goes.But some people just go OVERBOARD with it and do it out of anger,and just don't stop inflicting bruises and whatnot THAT I am against. Spanking can be taken to be abuse if its that way..granted,we all get upset with our kiddos but COOL OFF god before you hurt your child..I would have given her a look and scooped up my kid and gotten quickly away from her..thats just insane,and that poor boy! :(

• I will never, ever lay a hand on my child.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @hlovette- Oh, trust me I did give her a look and a damn right judgey one too though I wasn't super close to her... but close enough to see what she was doing.
  • kiraliz2 said:
    ReeseFox said:
    Let's not do the spanking debate today, mmkay?
    Took the words right outta my mouth. We need a fun thread around here right now.
    gif party?

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image
    M (3/9/02) and E (2/28/12)

"Man, be creative. Like the stuff you do. Do nice things. Love respectfully. Laugh a fucking lot. Curse when you feel like it. Life is cool." - Jean Grae

image image

image image

• In regards to this topic...

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   

image image

• kiraliz2 said:
    OMG I'm dying!  =))

image image

image image

is that Glen Close?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • @ReeseFox dying over here!!! lolol

✯             ✯              ✯          ✯               ✯     ✯             ✯         ✯     ✯          ✯                   
  • WTF?image
  • I had a somewhat similar experience like this over the weekend. We went to a cider mill and there was a mom yelling at her daughter who looked about 8 years old: "you better never try to walk away from me or you'll just be embarrassing yourself because I WILL 'pop' you right here!" I thought the mom was the one being ridiculous.

• I'm not getting into the debate. But I would have alerted either the staff or called the police. If she does that in a place that you said was MOBBED, imagine what "might" happen at home.
    Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hehe!! This thread was the highlight of my day!!!

• I don't spank, but I don't automatically judge someone who does (I was spanked after all).  I think there's a proper way to go about it that's probably not damaging to kids, but THAT is not it.  Spanking in anger is never okay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"