September 2013 Moms
Options

Where did my milk go?

LO has been wanting to eat all day yesterday and today. I feel like its not giving my breasts enough time in between to replenish the milk and in turn that is why he's wanting to eat all the time, because not getting enough. I haven't had any supply issues at all, I actually have been producing lots of milk. This morning when I woke up they were super full. But throughout the day they feel empty. There is milk in there though, I expressed just a bit to check.

Where did all my day time milk go?

LO is 3 weeks tomorrow. Could this be part of a growth spurt?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where did my milk go?

• Options
    Yes, growth spurt. Your milk is never gone. Supply and demand--your body adjusts to baby's needs.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• Options
    That's what I thought. I just feel bad because he doesn't seem satisfied.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not gone. He's just upping your supply by asking for more
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This has happened to me too. I think my issue was staying hydrated myself especially when also is going through a growth spurt to keep my supply up.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    My LO just went through a growth spurt at about 6 and 1/2 weeks. He ate ALL day and my boobs were super flat and seemed empty. But the next day when he slept all day and hardly ate they filled up with a vengeance and were super engorged!
  • Options
    Ohh I am going through this with the 6 week spurt, and I am not looking forward to the aftermath of engorgement.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ohh I am going through this with the 6 week spurt, and I am not looking forward to the aftermath of engorgement.  

This! Yesterday DS was like well I'm done feeding all day. I feel like I'm lugging boulders around the house!

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I pumped a bit for two days after the 6w growth spurt to help take down the engorgement. Not a long pump session but enough just before bed so I wasn't totally full, hard as rocks and leaking by the time DS woke up hours later.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"