C-sections

One month PP and incision is bleeding

It was really painful about a week and a half ago and looked sort of open at one point so I kept it very clean and dry. It felt a lot better so I thought it was fine, but then a few days ago, it got really swollen at one point and looks sort of blackish. The spot that looked open is next to it and now both spots are actively bleeding. I would have called my OB but I was in the ER anyway with kidney stones so I asked that doctor to look at it. He said it looked fine to him so I didn't call (not that I was in any shape to call anyway). I've been washing it out with a warm rag, blowing it dry with a blow dryer, slathering it with neosporin and keeping gauze in the fold area to keep it dry. Is there anything else I should be doing? I will call my OB tomorrow but I'm getting worried and don't want to pay $300 to the ER for a second time this week. Thanks, ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: One month PP and incision is bleeding

• Not to scare you but mine did the same thing and it ended up being infected. I would call the doctor. I had minor bleeding from spot that looked like a hole in the middle of my incision. They gave me an antibiotic and I was fine. I am 7 1/2 weeks pp and I get a small amt of blood from the spot still sometimes. Keep up with the neosporin and gauze. It works wonders. But just check with the doctor to be safe.
  • MIne was the same minus the infection. I had small tears in a couple of spots. You can also try a small face towel in the fold area to help keep it dry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Apparently my body was rejecting the sutures and forming little hematomas. Those are the source of the bleeding. She took out the sutures and I already feel much better. Thank you, ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"