Blended Families
Options

Menu Planning Monday

Let's hear your dinner menu for the week.

Re: Menu Planning Monday

• Options
    Monday - Walking Tacos
    Tuesday - Out to dinner with friends.
    Wednesday - Pot Roast & Mashed Potatoes
    Thursday - Greek Chicken
    Friday - DH will be at a men's retreat, so something simple or left overs if we have them.
    Saturday - We're spending the day at the local theme park and then over to my parents' to set up for DS's 5th bday party, so we'll likely order pizza.
    Sunday - DS's bday party, so will likely do something chill with my parents after the party

Yeah, I kind of get out of a lot of meals this week ;).
  • Options
    Monday: Oven Roasted Tomato, Sweet Corn & Goat Cheese Risotto ("sun dried" my own tomatoes this weekend and can't wait to use them in this recipe!)

Tuesday: Kielbasa w/ Cabbage and Potatoes

Wednesday: Tomato Sauce with Chunky Summer Squash & Eggplant over Quinoa

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: SS will be with his grandparents so I'm going out of town with DH for a car club meet...I can deal with having to hear "blah blah turbo, blah blah horsepower" all weekend, since I convinced him to stay in a nice B&B as opposed to the car club roach motel. So excited to curl up with a book for hours while he races through the mountains with his buddies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today- Auh-MAZ-ing from scratch lasagna

the rest of the week...
    chicken noodle skillet
    black bean and veggie nachos
    homemade pizza
    sweet and sour chicken
    roast pork loin, veg, potatoes
  • Options
    In no particular order because it just depends on how I feel.

This week I was extra lazy in planning.
    -Pork Chops
    -Wings & Sweet Potato Fries
    -Loaded Potato Soup
    -Chicken Casserole w rice
    -Crockpot Lasagna (this will be Sunday because its easiest)
    -Pizza (on a particularly lazy day, prob Friday)
    -Ranch Parm Chicken

Nothing extravagant because I was lazy in planning.
  • Options
    Ok, we are trying a new meal plan service (the Fresh 20). We just made it to the grocery stored today so we are skipping one of the meals but here's the plan:

-Orange Pork Tenderloins w/ Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes and grilled zucchini
    -Apricot Chipotle Chicken Drumsticks w/ stuffed spinach portobellos
    -Rosemary Pork Panini
    -Sweet Potato Cakes w/ Endive Salad

Neither of us are good a meal planning so we typically use a service for ideas. We used to use Emeals and saved all the meal plans for a year and then just reused those but we are giving this one a try because it's supposed to take less time and mostly fresh food items. I don't like to cook and don't really have time to with school. So this particular service gives you some prep to do at the beginning of the week that takes about an hour and then the meals will take less time during the week. I just finished prepping everything for the week and so DH will cook while I'm doing homework.
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    gin9874 said:
    Ok, we are trying a new meal plan service (the Fresh 20). We just made it to the grocery stored today so we are skipping one of the meals but here's the plan:

-Orange Pork Tenderloins w/ Mashed Chipotle Sweet Potatoes and grilled zucchini
    -Apricot Chipotle Chicken Drumsticks w/ stuffed spinach portobellos
    -Rosemary Pork Panini
    -Sweet Potato Cakes w/ Endive Salad

Neither of us are good a meal planning so we typically use a service for ideas. We used to use Emeals and saved all the meal plans for a year and then just reused those but we are giving this one a try because it's supposed to take less time and mostly fresh food items. I don't like to cook and don't really have time to with school. So this particular service gives you some prep to do at the beginning of the week that takes about an hour and then the meals will take less time during the week. I just finished prepping everything for the week and so DH will cook while I'm doing homework.
    @gin9874 let me know how you like The Fresh 20, I'd be interested in doing it if it works out well for you guys :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"