Dads & Dads-to-be

WTF Wednesday and Bowling Talk

LuckyDadLuckyDad member
edited October 2013 in Dads & Dads-to-be
What The Fuck Wednesday: Who or what made you say "What the Fuck, ____?" today?

What the fuck, coffee? Why are you not giving me any energy or motivation?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: WTF Wednesday and Bowling Talk

• What the fuck lower back?  Just because I haven't been to the chiropractor since August doesn't give you the right to scream at me today.

• What the fuck cold, why are you attacking me now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • apbloye said:
    What the fuck practice bowling? I can't bowl above a 154 in league but can bowl a 191 in practice.
    Does your league have a handicap?

The trick is to bowl a 154 all season then a 191 in the playoffs.

You also may be looser and more relaxed in practice which can help.
  • My highest game bowled is a 259.

I've also bowled a 257.

I was a competitive bowler in high school. Spoiler alert, I was not popular.

What the fuck town, why don't we have a bowling alley so I can relive my high school dreams.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was about a 165 average for the longest time, then I took a semester class of bowling (you were more or less required to take some sort of athletic class) in college where I bowled 3 times a week.  I raised my average to a 230 average with a high of 291.   I got pretty good, but shortly after that class I more or less completely stopped bowling (even though at the point of my 230 average I had toyed with the idea of exploring how to look at the pro tour) and my average is now below my old average because I bowl like twice a year now.  I need to bowl more and once my kids can do it, I likely will bowl more.  I've thought of joining a league, but just never got around to it.
  • 230 AVG is great.

Def tour worthy.

Confession: I like to watch bowling on TV
  • I'm not used to being in a group where I am a below average bowler. High is 182.
  • Damn, we've got some bowlers in here.

We should have a dad retreat and have a bowl off.
  • I'll be the drunk guy bowling a solid 85 and changing everyone's names on the scoreboard.

• The class I took essentially was learning how to score by hand, lane etiquette, and the general technique, most of which I had down... but it taught me to really concentrate on my follow through.  That and bowling three times a week really allows you time to work on stuff and get a routine.

The 291 may be off by a pin or two... might have been 289, or 293... its been 15+ years, but I'm 95% certain it was the 291.  I remember having a real shot at the perfect game and my thumb stuck in the ball, probably combined with nerves, led to the score eluding me.

I loved that class though... hardest question on the final was the extra credit of "What was the name of the Brady Bunch's dog?".  That was the question only because he didn't think it would be appropriate to ask what was the name of the dog in "The Jerk" because you shouldn't write Shithead on a college exam.
  • I knew a guy who could regularly bowl 300 on certain lanes where he bowled all of the time.  If he went to other bowling alleys his average would drop to the low 200's upper 100's.

• That could have been the lane that the guy bowled on regularly.  The bowling alley was old and in a small town so the lanes were most likely not redone in a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"