1st Trimester

Lovenox Shots

Is anyone else having to give themselves one of these shots? I am so over these shots & they burn hell. I am so bruised :( & then with my other health issues I feel like I'm resenting this pregnancy but I AM HONESTLY DEEP DOWN EXCITED & HAPPY...I feel like DH doesn't understand & he is being so nice through i t all.

Re: Lovenox Shots

• This is my second Lovenox pregnancy. It got easier over time as I got used to giving myself them. I hated the last 4 weeks though when you have to change to twice a day heparin (as they have a half life of 12 hours instead of the 24 for lovenox and you can't have an epidural or spinal with them still in your system). They seemed to hurt more to me. I look at my son and realize it is all more than worth it though. Good luck.
  • Thank you @ JURAH. So you can't have an epidural if you go into active labor within that 12 hr period. Omg yikes that seems a little tough :(
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on Lovenox twice a day. Yeah, not a fan of the burning but it passes pretty quickly. And in the grand scheme of things it's totally worth it.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • That's what I keep thiking about" the end" results to the shots and every thing I'm going through. Thank you lovely people for your helpful post.
  • I have found that icing the injection area for about 10 minutes before and after a shot really helps minimize the bruising and the burning.  It adds to the process of the shots, but my belly doesn't look like it was used as a punching bag!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"