Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommend your baby carrier

Our son in 6 weeks old now and I am thinking about getting a carrier that I can use to wear him around the house or even on walks. He is very fussy so I am thinking this will help him and help me to get a few things done around the house. I was considering an Ergo but they are kind of pricey since I am not sure how much I will actually use it. Just wondering which carrier you would recommend??

Re: Recommend your baby carrier

• Options
    I used my Moby while mine were tiny for several months and then I used my Ergo as they got heavier and older.  I really loved the Moby and the babies did too.  The Ergo never felt comfortable or fit me well, but I'm probably the only person you will ever find that doesn't like it.  Most people rave about it.  I think it was just because I am so petite and short. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A mei tai would be a good option. The infantino mei tai is around $30 at target or on amazon.

Do you have a children's consignment store near you? I can usually find a gently used moby for $20. I loved my moby (or other wrap) for the first 6 months or so, then I used an ergo.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hated the Ergo so PP^ I'm with you on this too. The straps always felt like they were going to fall off my shoulders . I loved my ergo for NB but the older my kids got the more the fabric stretched out and it just didn't work as well anymore . After a ton of research this time around I purchased the Becco Soleil and I'm IN LOVE! Best carrier I have ever come acrossed . The straps are allowed to be crossed in the back making it feel more secure . It's really easy to adjust when its on , their are toy loops and a very convenient pouch that can hold a small wallet or cell phone . It also has an option to purchase the carry all bag that attaches to the carrier itself so you don't have to carry around a diaper bag everywhere . I ware my daughter everywhere . Since I have four kids I need my hands so whenever we go to the store she's in it , the park she's in it , around the house . I can't say enough great things about this carrier . A plus they have some pretty cute designs !
  • Options
    LittleAppleLittleApple member
    edited October 2013
    I have a Beco Gemini.  I sold my Ergo for this carrier.  It is easier to put on, lighter weight fabric, baby can face in, out and go on your back.  The biggest thing is that you don't need an extra infant insert.  Seriously.  It is awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Do you have a store near you that sells the Ergo and the Beco carriers? I would recommend trying them in person first to check the fit before you purchase. A friend of mine got me the Ergo as a baby gift but when I tried it on, I hated the way it fit and the straps dug in, under my arms. My friend loves her Ergo but she is pretty tall and I am petite which could be why it did not fit me well. I ended up getting a K'tan for the infant stage and the Beco Gemini for when my son was older (you can use the Gemini for infants too if you just want one carrier). I ended up not using the K'tan because it always felt too tight on me but I love my Beco and use it weekly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    If you don't want to spend much you could go with the boba wrap. It is only about $40 I think. Ds loves it and falls asleep as soon as I put him in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    A ring sling is a really nice option at that age. Google your city name and babywearing andyou might find a group with carriers you can try on or even a free lending library where you can borrow carriers for a few weeks to see if you like them.
  • Options
    Beco Butterfly!

And if you live in a large-ish city, most have a babywearing group of some sort where you can try on several different types and maybe even borrow one for a while before buying one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"