March 2014 Moms
Options

Three boy names - also posted in baby name board

edited October 2013 in March 2014 Moms
Hi all, I posted this in baby names board but since March is home, I wanted to get your opinions since I really trust you ladies!

Last name is Maddox. Here are the issues. We love the idea of MJ as a name for our son (due in march). DH loves Mason, and so do I, but I hate how trendy it is (number 2 in 2012). Middle name for Mason would be Joseph (my great grandfather, never met him but just to keep something in the family). We also love the name Corbin, but we wouldn't have the cute MJ nickname we love so much. Corbin mn would be Daniel, after my dad, Dan. Another option for MJ is Micah James. Not after anyone, just another MJ option that isn't as trendy. Please help!!! We are so stuck. TIA!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com

Three boy names - also posted in baby name board 187 votes

Mason Joseph Maddox (nn: MJ)
45% 85 votes
Micah James Maddox (nn: MJ)
28% 54 votes
Corbin Daniel Maddox
25% 48 votes

Re: Three boy names - also posted in baby name board

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mom was going to name me Micah Joseph if I was a boy. DH wont even consider Micah, since he knew someone named Micah... kinda sucks cause I always said I would name my Son that if I had one. Then again, we could be having a DD.

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
    Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like them all, but from what you said I think you guys like Mason Joseph the most.

• Options
    Mom was going to name me Micah Joseph if I was a boy. DH wont even consider Micah, since he knew someone named Micah... kinda sucks cause I always said I would name my Son that if I had one. Then again, we could be having a DD.
    @lvlichelle - so funny! And I hate when someone ruins your name. We loved Asher for a while (means joy in Hebrew) until DH worked with someone named that and nobody could stand him. 
    kaking78 said:
    I like them all, but from what you said I think you guys like Mason Joseph the most.

@kaking78 - DH loves Mason the most. I like all three and would be happy with them. I really do Love Mason but hesitate due to its popularity. That's why I'm fighting him on it. Lol!

• Options
    Side note.. are you related to any of the Maddox's in Ohio? Can't remember where you are from.

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    @lvlichelle - not that I know of, but I'm sure it's a possibility! DH's family is from AL, GA, and KY. I'm from Las Vegas, but Maddox is my married name.

• Options
    @lvlichelle - not that I know of, but I'm sure it's a possibility! DH's family is from AL, GA, and KY. I'm from Las Vegas, but Maddox is my married name.
    My ex boss is a Maddox.

• Options
    Even though my husband dated a girl named Micah...for a long time. I still like that baby name. Too bad he ruined it! I hope it works out for you! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I voted Corbin. I like Micah and Mason, but the alliteration with your LN is a little too matchy to me since they're all two syllables. It doesn't sound bad with the middle name, but no one will really be saying the whole name (except you when you're mad ;) )

I do like two letter nicknames though, if this LO was a girl we'd be calling her AJ.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If you like Corbin the most and the 2 letter nickname, why not do Corbin Joseph and call him CJ?

I used to not really like the 2 letter nn, but I ended up with an AJ and it is perfect for him.

Also, Mason is my favorite and I was shocked to see it was #2, I only know 1 other mason and it is a former co workers 8 year old.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic&nImage and video hosting by TinyPic bsp;center;"
    >Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Pick a name you both love.

My DD goes to daycare and there is no Masons in the entire school. There is a Corbin though. And I only know one Mason in real life and he goes by his middle name. Sometimes popularity depends more on where you are, so it may be worth it to look at what's popular in your state rather than the entire SS site if you are that concerned about it.
    image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TallAsh said:

I'm personally not a fan of two-letter nicknames.

I voted for mason

This I also really don't like 2 letter nick names, or at least wait to call lo that until they are older. Something about a baby with two letters for a name I don't like.
  • Options
    I say go with the name you like the most, no matter how popular it is. I'm an elementary school teacher, and honestly, you never end up with more than 2 of the same name in the same class. And when you do, you never know what it will be. My first year of teaching I had two kids named Quinton. Not a popular name at all, but it happens. No control over it. So pick what you love!

• Options
    KerrieH6 said:

I say go with the name you like the most, no matter how popular it is. I'm an elementary school teacher, and honestly, you never end up with more than 2 of the same name in the same class. And when you do, you never know what it will be. My first year of teaching I had two kids named Quinton. Not a popular name at all, but it happens. No control over it. So pick what you love!

I agree with this. We've had a girl name picked out for years. It wasn't crazy popular. Now we're having a kid and it's in the top 5 for popularity. We still love it so we're going to use it - popularity be damned.

• Options
    I voted Micah due to the popularity of Mason.  I read what PPs said about only knowing a few, but in my school there is one in every classroom from Kindergarten through 2nd!  So to me, it does seem like an extremely popular name. 

I once babysat for a little girl named Mayson and I thought that was a neat way to go with a popular name.

• Options
    I love Mason. Personally, if you both love the name I say go for it! When my mom named me Hailey 22 years ago, it wasn't popular at all. Now it's super popular. My point of that is names come and go regardless. I love the flow of Mason Joseph with your last name, AND since it gives you the nickname you love so much, go for it!! :)
    imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    htn1763htn1763 member
    edited October 2013
    Mrs.N.H. said:
    Pick a name you both love.

My DD goes to daycare and there is no Masons in the entire school. There is a Corbin though. And I only know one Mason in real life and he goes by his middle name. Sometimes popularity depends more on where you are, so it may be worth it to look at what's popular in your state rather than the entire SS site if you are that concerned about it.
    We are going with Mason. The popularity is a turn off, but like @Mrs.N.H. said, I don't know any Masons. My SIL said there are non at my nephew's school, and I looked at all the names at the daycares I visited and didn't see any! 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options
    love micah. corbin is cute too. the popularity of mason bothers me... 
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love the way Mason Joseph flows with your last name, and I think MJ would be a really cute nickname! In the end, go with what you're feeling the most!
    Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I voted Mason but I'm a little biased cause that's my son's name. We named him that in 2009 and I hate how popular it has become also. (Stupid Kardashians). But it's still a great name!
    Janice
    Pregnancy Ticker imageimage">imageimageimage"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MJ reminds me of Michael Jackson but noone else has said that so it must just be me?
    I voted Corbin.
  • Options
    It reminded me of Michael Jordan haha.

MJ reminds me of Michael Jackson but noone else has said that so it must just be me?
    I voted Corbin.

Janice
    Pregnancy Ticker imageimage">imageimageimage"> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only name I like out of the three is Mason but it's WAY popular right now. Personally, I stay away from super popular names. It is a great name, though.
  • Options
    natsmamanatsmama member
    edited October 2013
    Side note.. are you related to any of the Maddox's in Ohio? Can't remember where you are from.
    Hopping in from the shadows - I'm originally from Ohio and have cousins with the last name of Maddox. Ashtabula area.

Edit - OP, I like Mason best :)
    DD born 1/16/11
    #2 It's a Boy! EDD 3/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"