New Hampshire Babies
Options

Anna Jacques Hospital, Newburyport?

Hi everyone,

I posted this on the Boston board as well, but I thought there might be some other southern NH/seacoast moms who might be able to put in your two cents! 

I live in southern NH, towards the seacoast, but work in Andover.  I'm looking into Anna Jacques hospital in Newburyport.  I went to Women's Health in Exeter for my last pregnancy that ended in a misscarriage.  They were lovely there, but I'd like to find a place that is more in between work and home.  I'm not interested in using Lawrence General.  I'm only 4 weeks, so I have a couple of weeks before I need to make my first appt.  Anyone out there have any experience with AJ?

Thank you! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anna Jacques Hospital, Newburyport?

• Options
    I had 2 friends go there, one lived near and one drove a little farther to go there, because equally they loved it there!. Only have heard good things.
  • Options
    Thanks! They're holding an open house on Wednesday, so I'm planning to visit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I currently live in Southern NH too and I work in Woburn, MA so I was in a similar boat with my first LO.   My PCP in Newburyport recommended Women's Health in Exeter saying they are better than anything around Newburyport.  I went with that recommendation and I wouldn't have it any other way.   My bosses were very understanding about appointments and  I would schedule them months in advance giving my work a few months notice when I had appointments.    I too was looking at Anna Jacques but again told by my PCP office that they shuffle women in and out.  I guess it's all what you are looking for and what will be more convenient for you.  I hope this helps a little.  I'm now pregnant w/ LO #2 and I'm still at Women's Health. Exeter Hospital L&D was excellent and I felt my LO got amazing care.  Also have you thought about Pediatricians yet?  If not I would suggest Core Physicians through Exeter.  They have a few pediatrician offices: Exeter and Plaistow and they just opened one in Epping.  My LO sees Dr. Melendy in Plaistow and she is absolutely fabulous.  THis is another reason I stayed with Exeter.  Good Luck 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi

I live in Exeter and teach in MA. I've been going to Anna Jaques. So far I love them, with the exception of Dr. Mollov.  Everyone has been very nice and the nurses are fabulous. 

• Options
    Dr. Mollov delivered my son.  I thought he was terrible.  I opted to go with the midwives this time around so I can avoid him altogether.  So far so good.
  • Options
    I am going with Anna Jacques, I live in Southern NH, and it was between there and Merrimack Valley in Haverhill. Since Merrimack Valley already almost killed me once by ignoring me for an entire night in the ER when i had meningitis, I think I'd rather not go there.My cousins both recently had babies at Anna, and I have heard only good things. So far I have only met Dr. Boyer, and she is very nice, she said they try to practice as closely to the idea as a midwife as they can, letting our bodies handle things naturally, and being there to help when we need it. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Anna Jacques is great! They have a wonderful maternity ward. I work in Newburyport which makes it easier to go to appt's. I live 20 minutes inland which still is quite close.
  • Options
    OK, so here's an update since I first wrote that post last April. I did end up choosing Anna Jaques. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in another miscarriage at 6 weeks. Well, I'm pregnant again - this time everything looks great, as I am 14 weeks along, have heard the heartbeat twice and have seen the little nut moving around on the u/s screen a few times. I've stuck with Anna Jaques and am seeing Dr. Boyer, who is just lovely. Everyone else, from the nurses to the desk staff to the lab techs, are all lovely as well. I just wanted to update for any future moms-to-be who might stumble on this post. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"