C-sections

Burning skin above incision?

I am 5 weeks pp and have healed great so far. I just started getting some very intense burning about 2-3 inches above the right side of my incision. The rest of the skin around the incision is still completely numb. Is the burning normal? It feels like a horrible sunburn being scratched. I can't tell if its my skin or my nerves or possibly an inside stitch even though it's kind of high? It's not red or anything else. But it's very painful if I turn the wrong way. Anyone else have this?

Re: Burning skin above incision?

• Ask at your 6 wk check up, but I had/still have all kinds of sensations on and around my scar. For a while the skin a few inches above my incision was super sensitive. I assumed it was nerves 'waking back up'.
  • Lurking...I had the same thing with my incision and like pp said all sorts of sensations on and around the scar. My kids are 10 years apart and I had an emergency C with my first and the skin around the left side of my scar was still numb 10 years later at my planned 2nd C. Its still worth mentioning to your doc though
  • Loading the player...
  • I was super itchy afterwards.

If you are really concerned call and ask. Or wait till 6 week check up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"