Pregnant after IF
Options

Palpitations

I've seen a few people mention they have these and I've been having them, too. Suddenly my heart's "glug" will be very different, off track, and noticeable for several moments. Is this something I need to mention to anyone or is it just a normal pregnancy thing not to be concerned with? It doesn't happen everyday, but it makes me panic a bit when it does happen.

Re: Palpitations

• Options
    This happened to me with my first and I remember talking to my ob about it. She told me it was normal and it had to do with the increase in blood volume. If it happens a lot, you could always get it checked out, but what you're dealing with sounds a lot like what I remember experiencing.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I notice my hr being faster at times.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had frequent, annoying palpitations around a month ago. They are all but gone now. I did end up having a 24 hour Holter monitor and an echocardiogram which were fine. My OB said they are common. My Mom told me she had them when she was pregnant too! Feel better
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    i am wearing a 24 hour holter monitor as i type this for the palpitations.  i also have a pre existing slight aortic insufficiency (my aortic valve doesn't close all the way) but was cleared in June so shouldn't be causing any issues.  I had an EKG yesterday and am going back today for another echocardiogram.  There are soooo many things it could be, including normal!!!  I dont' think it hurts to mention to your OB, check your blood work for thyroid and a CBC, and do a quick cardiac work up, but alot of pregnant women have this.  my cardiologist is saying he thinks its a vasovegal response for me, where my blood pressure drops, palpitations, dizziness and nausea all happen, so i have a bit more symptoms then you, but still would call OB to let them know.  i'm sure you're fine! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    I am getting that too!  I forgot to mention it to my RE because I always have a million other things on my mind, but I do wonder!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a weird "skipping a beat" feeling around 4 months when I was pregnant with DS eight years ago. They ran an EKG and I had to wear the 24 hour holter monitor. I was diagnosed with arrhythmia, but not a dangerous type. It was worse when I lied on my left side, which is of course the side they tell you to lie on! I would get it checked out, just in case.

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"