December 2011 Moms
Options

Trick or treating with LO?

I didn't take DS out last year since he was too small to really get anything out of it. I still think he's young and won't really understand it but thought I would go to a few houses in the neighborhood and one of the nursing homes is doing some trick or treating which I think they would get a kick out of all the kids dressed up. I'm just worried he'll get freaked out if he sees something scary, we were at Target the other day and walked by one of those ghosts and it started shaking and laughing and he flipped out screaming and crying. What are you planning on doing and how much? Also what are you dressing them up as? DS was a lion last year and this year I found an adorable cow costume. I tried it on him yesterday and he screamed but looked so adorable, might have to get him used to wearing it before halloween!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Trick or treating with LO?

• Options
    Kelly1109Kelly1109 member
    edited October 2013

We go out every year but our situation is different as I have a 10 year old stepdaughter.  A big group of us (15+) from the neighborhood get our kids together to go in a group.  Last year DS just sat in the wagon while the kids went to the houses.  This year I'm guessing he'll go up to a few houses but then probably sit in the wagon for the rest.  And when someone starts getting cranky either DH or I will take them home.  We usually are out for about an hour. 

I like the idea of a few houses and the nursing home.  And then maybe he could help hand out candy at home to the trick or treaters!  He could be your helper! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We plan on going to 3 or 4 houses that's it. DD is too shy for much more.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS will wear his costume and help me greet people who come to the door. We're still deciding if we'll take him to any of the houses around the neighborhood. He's never really had candy and has a tree nut allergy so I'm not really sure how much he'd get out of the experience.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD1 is almost 4 and would be heartbroken if we didn't go. All 4 of us will head out together and if DD2 starts to lose interest or just seems done, I'll take her home and let my husband continue on with DD1. DD2 is going to be Minnie Mouse.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I'll bring him to my work party, but don't plan on letting him have any candy.  He will be dressed up and we will hand out candy, but not go ToT.  He will be Squirt (the seaturtle from Finding nemo).

I love that costume!!!!  Such a cute idea!

• Options
    Alex will be Charlie Brown and we are going to a Halloween party that the neighborhood playgroup is planning, on the 26th. On Halloween, we are meeting up with some neighbors, grill hot dogs, and then all go trick or treat together. I think Alex will probably cling to me most of the time (he's super shy), but if he does get candy, he gets to eat some of it, too. :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Emma is going to be a bumble bee. I don't plan on taking her ToT but I am hosting a Halloween party for my mom and tots play group...wish me luck ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    mtb21 said:
    Emma is going to be a bumble bee. I don't plan on taking her ToT but I am hosting a Halloween party for my mom and tots play group...wish me luck ;)
    That sounds awesome, good luck! Wish we could come. :)

Thanks!! Although I do not know what I was thinking! 25 kids under the age of 5 crammed into our tiny flat...Although I wish you guys could come too :)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"