Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Flea and tick control

Hi! (Cross posting this from the nest pets as well ).I am having a bit of. Flea problem with my poor pooch right now. We had taken in a family members dog for a short period who had apparently brought in mutant fleas with her, infecting my dog. We had given him frontline, finding out afterwards that it is not very effective anymore, so we can't treat him for another two weeks with something else. We've flea bathed, bathed with dawn dish soap, put a flea collar int he vacuum and extensively cleaned every carpeted area in our house and steam cleaned all bedding and towels, ect. We can't get them to go away.. Normally I would just bug bomb the house, problem is I have a year old son who is very active and put everything in our house. That would be an absolute last resource to do. Next step is steam cleaning the floors. I'm trying to feel out for any kid friendly, pet freindly cures, sprays, wives tales.. Anything. I've been googling around a bit, but am looking for a personal opinion before going any particuLar route.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flea and tick control

• Options
    Diatomaceous Earth (Food Grade), you can put it in carpets and massage it into the pooches skin. You can even spread it in the yard/lawn to help kill the buggers outside. It's safe. Only have to be careful with anyone with asthma because it is very powdery (like flour). It takes some time to work but it's effective. Make sure you get food grade and not the DE used in pool pumps. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the diatomaceous earth recommendation. After you have them cleared out you can start adding some raw acv to his food or water which helps keep pests away. You can also make a spray with water and some essential oils like rosemary and peppermint to spray him with when he goes outside.

I would be wary of frontline or similar products they are pretty harsh toxins that can cause problems for your pet and any people that come in contact with them.

I have never used chemical treatments on my girl or the one before her only acv and never seen a flea.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"