North Carolina Babies

Weight gain

This is my first baby. I am 20 weeks pregnant & 19 years old. When I first found out that I was pregnant I weighed about 125. I was so very sick the entire first trimester, even with Zofran I didn't have much of an appetite. At the very beginning of my second trimester I found myself at the fridge every hour. I cannot control my appetite. I have gained around 20 pounds & I am only halfway through my pregnancy. I have a really hard time eating healthy also. Any tips from other moms? Also what exercises can I do that won't leave me completely exhausted? & is it okay for me to lose weight now or should I just try to maintain the weight I am now & let my baby boy grow into it? HELPPPP!!!
''I loved you from the very start
You stole my breath, embraced my heart
Our life together has just begun
You're part of me, my little one'' <3

Re: Weight gain

• I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby and have also been worried about my weight gain. I was 115 pounds before being pregnant and put on 8 pounds in the first trimester. I was extremely between weeks 8 and 11, especially in the middle of the night.  I mentioned my concern at my OB appointment last week and she told me to drink more water. The next day I drank almost twice as much water as I normally do and I was 2 pounds lighter the next day and have remained at this weight so far. Drinking water also surpressed my appetite.  

They say it's not best to try and lose weight but I have been exercising quite a bit to try and drop another couple of pounds but the weight will not come off, probably because I am still eating too much.
  • I've heard everyone gains differently. you definitely shouldn't try to loose weight. A useful online resource I've been using is called 'pregnancy without the pounds'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"