Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Inspired by a 6-12 poll

What are you doing NYE?

I'm thinking thas some of us could be lame together and meet up with babies in tow somewhere.  Of course, that plan may be flawed since all of our kiddos probably conk out around 8 and might not like to do so in a strange place.  Le sigh.  Parenthood is totally cramping my style ;)

Re: Inspired by a 6-12 poll

• We will probably be at home.  I haven't even thought about it, honestly.  I don't think we did anything last year either.  It was kind of nice. 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We have no plans at all... and the way Keanan has been lately,  he will probably be the only one awake LOL

But I honestly can't even remember if we did anything last year either.. I guess we were boring before Keanan LOL

• Loading the player...
  • We'll probably hang at our house with my sister and BIL. ?She's pg, and we can put T to bed when she gets ready (about 7:30), then the 3 of us can drink it up. ?Woohoo. ?At least I get to drink this year :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't have any plans. I don't have a babysitter.

• LOL!  We'll be @ home & hopefully will have friends over.  Our friends who live in Ireland will be here & missed out being @ our house LY.  I'm sure Jared will be asleep by 8, so we can hang out a lot after that.
  • It's so sad.  We have not even thought about it.  Boring parents.
  • Last year was crazy. I was the designated driver. One of DH's friends got a room at the W. There were a shitload of people there. We got alcohol confiscated at the door. They wouldn't let you bring your own alcohol into the room. You had to get theirs through room service which was beyond expensive. Didn't bother me- I couldn't drink anyway. You had to be on some list to get in. DH's brother and cousin got drunk and started yelling at each other. Cousin-in-law got in a fight with his ex-girlfriend on the phone and started crying... Should I go on?
    Did I mention it was crazy.
    I want a boring NYE this year.?
  • We have no plans either. I think I was asleep last year by about 9pm.
  • imageavz2azb:
    Last year was crazy. I was the designated driver. One of DH's friends got a room at the W. There were a shitload of people there. We got alcohol confiscated at the door. They wouldn't let you bring your own alcohol into the room. You had to get theirs through room service which was beyond expensive. Didn't bother me- I couldn't drink anyway. You had to be on some list to get in. DH's brother and cousin got drunk and started yelling at each other. Cousin-in-law got in a fight with his ex-girlfriend on the phone and started crying... Should I go on?
    Did I mention it was crazy.
    I want a boring NYE this year. 
    HAHA!  I'm kind of glad I no longer have crazy drunken New Year's stories. 
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • wow, so far we don't have any plans either, and you know, I don't think it will bother us if we don't do anything.  Last year's wasn't much fun: as we were leaving our apartment building we noticed the brain surgeons on the third floor had a three-foot open flame going on their very illegal barbecue grill.  Said flame was right underneath one of those Christmas light/ornament balls that hangs from the ceiling and was causing it to smoke.  We turned right around and went back in to call the office because 1) our dog was in our apartment and we weren't leaving without her and 2) hello, OPEN FLAME ON A THIRD FLOOR BALCONY.  So we waited for the cop to come by (which he didn't), waited for them to put the fire out or for the building to burn down (the fire went out, thank god) and then went to a very fast dinner with friends.  It sucked sitting there thinking that our dog and apartment was going to be gone when we got home, and you can bet that I wrote a VERY detailed letter to the complex after that. 

We went home after dinner, picked up Honey and took her with us to our friend's house to watch movies; he had a Lab that Honey played with and I had the joy of sitting on the hard floor while pregnant as all my non-pregnant friends sat on the available chairs and couches.  We left before midnight because I just couldn't take it anymore, and that's when people said "Oh, you should sit here!"  Yeah.  Thanks, jackass, I wish you would have thought of that an HOUR ago. 

DD tends to conk out around 6:30, hee.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"