TTC after 35

Dress shopping :(

I hate shopping anymore! I have a wedding in 2 weeks and of course my 2 very nice dresses from last year don't fit thanks to Cape Cod chips and bakery goodies I suppose.

I think I complained about shopping last year too about my awful fall wardrobe..lol

Can I wear black pants and a nice flowy top? I rather clean all my neighbors houses than go to the mall...ugh

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Dress shopping :(

• Ugh. I tried on clothes yesterday and it was awful.  Things that look good on the hanger look bad on me.  I purchased nothing for myself.  I feel you on the bad shopping experience!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Didn't find one single blouse. I'm so bummed. Why is everything so tight fitting!!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I feel your pain. I had to go bridesmade shopping for my sisters wedding. Sample dressed come in size 8 and 10 mostly so I had to put them on and they close pinned them to my bra. The sales woman kept smiling at me saying " so how do you like it does it look good". I kept telling her I have no idea If I like how it fits because it is hanging from my bra.

Seriously would it hurt anyone to get some sample dresses in bigger sizes. Isn't the average American woman a 14/16.
    I ended up picking one that I hope is flattering but who knows. The best part is she picked purple so I might end up looking like Barney. X_X

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• @hooligans4.. .purple! Can't you tell her light shade of purple? Lol just kidding. I'm sure once the right size is on you will look stunning! When is the wedding?

I use to love getting dressed up but now not so much. So lucky I can wear sweats and jeans to work!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @BeckyP005 the wedding is in February. The dress looked nice on the hanger. It's an empire waist so it will hide all my lumps and bumps. But it's plum so it's pretty bold. I tend to get very pale in the winter so dark colors usually don't look great on me but its her day and that is her favorite color so I will wear the dress and make the best of it.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• I hear you on being pale. My friend picked a red color and I freaked but with my hair and makeup done I looked OK! Are your kids in the wedding?

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I have been buying bigger and bigger clothes :( It sucks the big one. I used to love dressing up too, and I looke back and think sheez I thought I was fat then????

Hooligans I am sure you will be beautiful, but to avoid looking to pasty maybe hit up a tanning salon a few weeks ahead just to give you less white look.

Hope you find something Becky!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• BeckyP005 said:

I hear you on being pale. My friend picked a red color and I freaked but with my hair and makeup done I looked OK! Are your kids in the wedding?

My 17 year old is also one of the brides maids and my 9 year old son is going to be an usher. My sister is including all 6 of the nieces and nephews in the wedding.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• @HeathernSteven I doubt I will have time to go tanning before the wedding. Between my kids and the 2 I babysit for I have very little free time and I don't think I would use it to tan. I will just pray that I keep a little of my summer color and if not I will brush on the bronzer.

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• oh well it was a thought, funny story regarding spray on tan, I decided I was way to pale for a March wedding and went with a friend for the spray on, the lady said use the towel to dry yourself off....ok I did that the next morning (day of wedding) I wake up and look at myself i am completely streaked! and I was wearing a little strapped dress. Called my GF in a panic, we scrubbed my arms, used lemon juice etc etc she brought me elbow length gloves that I wore most of the night, thankfully my face was ok, a little makeup hid the worst.

My GF asked didn't you dry off after? I said yea but I was mostly dry i didn't dry much she said," that is how you even it all out!!" Well did I ever learn a lesson!!

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• That would be my luck @HeathernSteven if I tried a spray tan. I laughed a little reading your story(sorry).

TTC#3

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• Did spray tans twice and it was awful!!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• You should laugh it was very funny

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Well I found a top! Had to get something for girl I watch at American Apparel and I found a flowy top! Not 100% crazy about it but it will do :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"