March 2013 Moms
Options

wake up time

My dd is not a fan of naps she has always fought naps.  She will take a long nap in the morning but then very short cat naps if any at all.  Her bed time is 8pm.  There have been a few days she has fallen asleep at 7 or even 6:30 not because I made her go to sleep but because she fell asleep on her own.  I have even tried giving her a nap around 5:30-6 but she really wants no part of that and if she does fall asleep does not want to get up.  No matter what time she goes to bed she is awake around 6.  Most of the times she wakes up talking and happy. Occasionally she wakes up and starts crying.  My dh does not seem to understand that she wakes up at 6 no matter what. While I would love her to sleep later it just does not happen.  I can't force her to stay up later at night because she is tired and gets very cranky.  

I guess this is a vent but I was also wondering what time your kiddies go to bed and wake up.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: wake up time

• Options
    My lo takes one big nap nap in the morning and then sometimes smaller ones or none at all the rest of the day. He goes to bed between 8-9, whenever he acts tired, and wakes up usually at 7, sometimes later. He sttn usually but teething has made that pretty interesting. We pretty much just watch for his cues, he won't sleep unless he's tired and I gave up a while ago on having any set nap times. I do enjoy the days that he sleeps in a bit though.
  • Options
    It seems to be pretty consistent with my LO too, he goes to bed around 7 and wakes up 5:30 - 6. Occasionally he will fall back asleep and go until 7:30 or so but it's pretty rare. I should just go to bed earlier and that would make the mornings much easier but no, I stay up until 11 watching 6 episodes of New Girl in a row on Netflix like last night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We try to go off her cues when it comes to naps too. She is just so against naps.  I work but she wakes me up before I need to get up.  I could go to sleep earlier but by the time I get her to bed it is nice to have a little me time.  My Dh works until 11 and gets home around 11:30ish.  He stays up because he can't go to be when he walks in the door.  I try to tell him to try and go to bed earlier but being a stubborn man he doesn't listen. 

• Options
    DD usually goes to bed between 7-8, but no matter what time she goes to bed it seems she is always up between 530-630.  It used to be much later, I don't know what happened.

She isn't a great napper either, this is something we are going to work on.  I've been reading the No-Cry Sleep Solution, and I think the fact that she's not getting enough nap time in during the day is affecting her at night.  She only gets one long nap, and usually one more short one, but sometimes just a couple of really short ones, but I want to try for 2 long ones.  She stays with my mom, so I am going to have to nicely ask her to implement some new things, but I'm hoping it will help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Options
    My LO goes to bed around 7 - 7:30. He wakes up around 7:30 but will occasionally sleep til 8. He doesn't sttn. He has gone back to nursing 2x a night, which really sucks, but he normally goes right back to sleep after. His first nap is about an hour and a half and the second one is usually only 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Our 7 month old does the same thing. In bed by 7ish and wakes up every day between 530-6. I even tried black out shades and he is still up at the same time everyday.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    DD usually goes to bed between 7-8, but no matter what time she goes to bed it seems she is always up between 530-630.  It used to be much later, I don't know what happened.

She isn't a great napper either, this is something we are going to work on.  I've been reading the No-Cry Sleep Solution, and I think the fact that she's not getting enough nap time in during the day is affecting her at night.  She only gets one long nap, and usually one more short one, but sometimes just a couple of really short ones, but I want to try for 2 long ones.  She stays with my mom, so I am going to have to nicely ask her to implement some new things, but I'm hoping it will help.
    Im going to look into the book!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"