5 Weeks Pregnant
Options

The room is spinning...or is it me?

Hi everyone!

After weeks of feeling sick, I took a home pregnancy test on Monday and it was positive. This is my second pregnancy and the symptoms are so different. I work in a Dr.'s office where I am constantly on my feet. While I was in the room with a patient, I got so dizzy and I had to excuse myself. Anyone get extremely dizzy?

If so, please give some suggestions. It is so embarrassing especially because I have not shared the news with my coworkers. 

BKS 

Re: The room is spinning...or is it me?

• Options
    Im so sorry
  • Options
    The same is happening with me.  It's miserable.  This is my 3rd pregnancy, 4th child (twins!).  So different than I remember with other two. Best of luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm def having this symptom. Not regularly but a few times. I'm a hair stylist and too stand for long periods. This could be one reason. Try taking more breaks and drinking lots of water. Staying hydrated has helped. 
  • Options
    The easiest fix is more water, that can be tricky in a busy office but get a water jug. I need about three liters a day to not have thirst, dark urine. Feel better . :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree. Same for me as well. Not fun.
  • Options
    I feel the same way! I work in the OR, and that was actually one of my earliest signs last week; I felt dizzy and had to sit down. I haven't had much nausea yet, but I feel lightheaded when I'm on my feet and it hits me when I'm working out as well. I'm sorry you're going through it, but it's reassuring to hear that others are...it's the only symptom that made me nervous, because it's not one I had heard before. I guess we just have to stay hydrated and well-fed and keep a chair nearby!
  • Options
    I got dizzy all the time with my first pregnancy, it was how I knew I was pregnant with my 2nd child and it was also my first symptom with my 3rd. 

I have noticed it happens if I don't eat or drink the right amount, sitting, taking slow breaths and a little snack and drink are what I usually do.  

Hot showers make me feel like I am going to pass out while pregnant too, in that case I just make sure to not turn the water too hot and it doesn't happen.

Good luck!  

~*~Teacher turned SAHM to DD and DS. Expecting baby #3 June 2014~*~

• Options
    I'm sitting and feel the room spinning! I have been chugging water like crazy thinking it might help. Hope you feel better!

imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"