Third-Party Reproduction

Donor Eggs

Are there usually wait lists for Donor Eggs? I might be exploring this option and wasn't sure how it works.

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Donor Eggs

• Fist off, you would want to see if you want to go through an agency or see if there is a donor pool at the RE you want to work with. Then it will depend on whether or not the donor is available yet or if there is a wait list for her.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• If you go to a small clinic like I am I have been on the waiting list for 12 months BUT I am doing a "shared" cycle so that plays into the waiting. Donor pool is not big either. Our choice since we didn't want go travel.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • We went through an agency. There were hundreds of ladies to pick from. Once we had selected our donor it took months to get everything together (legal contracts, testings, syncing cycles etc.) the whole cycle took from April to a BFP in late July.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was wondering the same thing @littlelady77, @beckyp005, and @stinkerbell6879.  My clinic has a donor pool but it is anonymous.  We aren't able to view photos - not sure how I feel about that.  How did your DE pool work?

f/k/a/ Kari3629

Me: 40/DH: 34

Unexplained IF

IVF #1 - 9/2013 8ER/5M/4EF/4ET = BFN

IVF #2 - 2/2014 - Fingers crossed this is the one!

4ER/3EF/3 "beautiful embryos" transferred - Beta March 7 = BFN :(

Everyone Welcome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimage

• I am able to see photo's and there is a brief medical history. I know that there are many who don't get to see pictures, or only childhood pictures. Mine is still anonymous since I do not know her name.

April 2013 DE IVF= BFN

September 2013 DE IVF (Fingers Crossed) = BFFFN! again...

October 2013 FET of our last 2 = Beta Hellzz for 6-7 Weeks. M/C

• JM1977JM1977 member
    edited October 2013
    We went to Shady Grove in Maryland for our DE cycles.  They have an in-house donor pool.  Once you get accepted into their program (preliminary testing, payments, etc.), you get access to their online pool.  They have quite a bit of information about their donors including medical background, family history, an essay, childhood pictures, etc.  There are donors available at all times, but we found that if we waited, there seemed to be ones who were better matches for us added each day, and those tended to go fast, so we just kept an eye on the database.  It only took about a week to find our donor, so there really was no wait other than getting all lined up with their program, which took us about 4 months.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HopefulSoul2 I was not able to look at photos. It bothered me in the beginning but got over it :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• HopefulSoul2 The agency we used is called Gifted Journeys and they are located in Southern California.  Most of their donors are in that area too.  I got to see all kinds of pictures, family history, writing samples etc.  We could ask for more info and pictures from the donors (which we did).  When we picked our girl (Alyssa) we had grown quite attached to her.  At first we wanted a totally anonymous relationship but after seeing her whole life we were open to chatting with her.  We left it up to Alyssa if she wanted to meet us, she said she did.  In her profile she had mentioned she wanted to do this anonymously so we were really surprised! She told us later she felt really connected to us and was happy to meet us.

We did a skype call with her and we were there with her and her family when she did her egg retrieval. That's clearly not the common path but it was nice to have an agency that agreed to let us if we wanted to go that route. 

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • JM1977 said:
    We went to Shady Grove in Maryland for our DE cycles.  They have an in-house donor pool.  Once you get accepted into their program (preliminary testing, payments, etc.), you get access to their online pool.  They have quite a bit of information about their donors including medical background, family history, an essay, childhood pictures, etc.  There are donors available at all times, but we found that if we waited, there seemed to be ones who were better matches for us added each day, and those tended to go fast, so we just kept an eye on the database.  It only took about a week to find our donor, so there really was no wait other than getting all lined up with their program, which took us about 4 months.
    I also go to Shady Grove in Maryland. What location do you go to?? I'm so distraught by the thought of donor eggs my husband and I have the upsetting where do we go from here conversation with the dr next week sometime. So have you gone through a donor egg cycle already?

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
    March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I cycled from out of town so I did all my monitoring locally, but when I did go to SG I went to either the Annapolis or Rockville offices (my dr was Dr. Mottla). We did 2 fresh DE cycles for our daughter and then an FET from the second cycle for our son. DE is a lot to handle at first. Having a good therapist who specialized in IF was really helpful.
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"