Adoption
Options

Check-In ~ 10/3/13

I've been MIA lately, so I realized that the past couple weeks we haven't had a Check - In... 

So, let's get caught up with everyone! Welcome to all our newbies! 
Have a great week ladies! 

1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking? 

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? 

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? 

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? 

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? 

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?! 
Began the Adoption process 4/2013
Home study Approved 12/2013
.... and the wait begins! 

Re: Check-In ~ 10/3/13

• Options
    DIA
    Future Adoptive Mama
    YAY and Ugh would be the month of September flew by really quickly, with no progress towards our adoption! We begin our home study in a week! I am really excited to begin this process so that we can get it done with as well! 
    Another YAY and UGH would be that the husband and I have recently decided that we want to purchase a new home. His dad is a banker/financial planner so we talk about numbers, numbers and more numbers. It's to the point where we have talked ourselves backwards, forwards and inwards. House hunting is oh so much fun. 

We are starting the home study next Wednesday! I'm excited, nervous, anticipating it, ready for it to start!

The husband and I are going away for our wedding anniversary which is at the end of this month! 

Fall... apple orchards, cool nights and warm days, cold rains, the colors, pumpkins etc! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Options

1.  DIA

2. PAP

3. Yay- we contracted with an agency and found a lawyer we really like who is also an adoptive parent.  Ugh- School has me so crazy busy right now I've been feeling completely overwhelmed.

4. We just got the mile high pile of paper to fill out to start home study stuff.  I just had all my background stuff done for school and being a nurse I have my CPR certification, just have to get H up to speed with that stuff.  It's a bit intimidating but we'll get there.

5. We are going on vacation to New Orleans 2 weeks today.  We are so overdue for a vacation, I cannot wait. 

6.  late Spring, when everything starts to get green again and you see the flowers popping up and the days get longer and warmer. 

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Domestic infant adoption w/ an agency
    2. Prospective adoptive mama
    3. Yay - it's finally starting to cool off here! Boo - I've been in a funky mood for a few weeks.
    4. Waiting - 2 weeks & 2 days. :)
    5. Hopefully camping this weekend, if we can find someplace not affected by the government shut-down.
    6. I love fall - cooler weather, camping, rain, the food, getting to wear sweaters, etc.
  • Options
    1. DIA 2. AP 3. I guess an ugh is that there is only one EM with my agency right now. We do not fit her criteria, so we wait... I guess a yay would e that I've had two dreams about a new baby the last few days. 4. Waiting... 5. Over the next few months: Halloween, seeing my BIL and his family, who moved away this spring in November for my nephew's birthday; going to visit my sister for thanksgiving and her twins' first birthday; seeing my SIL and her family, who we haven't seen since spring 2012 for Christmas. 6. Fall, my favorite holiday, Halloween is coming soon! Sorry for the format, bumping from iPad.
    I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • Options
    1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking? DIA

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? Future Adoptive Mom

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? Yay- Umm.. we haven't really had any. Ugh. We're coming up to a point where we'll have to start the process of updating our home study paperwork and clearances. I feel like the process eats up so much time between the start and when you're actively waiting that you're right back to completing paperwork before you know it.

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? We're waiting for a match. It feels like it is taking forever to me, but in reality we're still early in the waiting process.

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? A match- duh! Our trip to Florida in December.

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?! I enjoy the fall holidays and colors but I'm a summer girl. I HATE being cold and will take hot over cold any day. Now that the nights are getting chilly here I'm a little sad.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking?  Domestic Infant Adoption

2. Who are you in the adoption triad?  Adoptive Mom

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately?  Yay: Spending time with baby- had a huge family and friend celebration welcoming him into our families. UGH: going to birth family bbq this weekend, felt really pressued into staying with birth family. Waiting for all kinds of awkward.

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going?  We are in post-placement- one social work visit left and then onwards to finalization.

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? Pumpkin picking! And getting through the court process (though I guess that's not near future really)

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?!  Fall!  Leaves, cool air, squash! (I have a squash problem).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? Future adoptive mom

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? I work for the government so a giant UGH since I'm currently without pay. Both myself and my husband work for the National Guard

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? We just completed our homestudy and were waiting for December and our little mans arrival (currently matched with a family adoption)

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? Next weekend we are going a cruise. Looking forward to the time away with my husband.

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?! Christmas- can't wait! Love all the beautiful lights and decorations.
    Blessed with 2 amazing little boys. One grew in my tummy and the other my heart.

06/30/10 my 1st son was born on my birthday. 
    TTC #2 since 05/2011 BFP- Feb 2012, EDD- 11/01/12, m/c- 03/05/12 @ 5w+4d 
    12/20/13 my 2nd son was born and placed in my arms.
    Surprise BFP- Nov 2014, EDD- 8/06/215, mc 12/24/2015 @ 8w+6d
    SURPRISE - BFP- 4/8/2105

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Foster to adopt boy 1-4

Hopeful foster/adoptive mama

Our second home study will be done next week then we just have to wait for inspection!!! We also moved DH into the new room he will be sharing with foster son, ordered all the furniture and did a complete (under $50) redo of our now guest room, formerly LO's room, to make it a dream guest room.
    An ugh would be an issue I am having with a coworker blaming me for her mistakes to my boss, luckily he knows better and used the opportunity to tell me I am his best employee so UGH turned YAY

Second home study scheduled then inspection then foster! Hopeful I can have a child to spoil by Christmas but I know that is wishful thinking.

Furniture for foster arriving, parents coming to visit (that goes both ways though), finishing all my house projects.

Spring, not too hot, not too cold. Lots of flowers blooming and gardening to be done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plus12012plus12012 member
    edited October 2013

We did domestic adoption w/ a private agency
    Adoptee and Adoptive Mom

Yay- DD hasn't fallen this week (new and adventurous walker) so we can finally get her 1 year pics. done this weekend and not have any scratches or bruises!
    UGH- We are trying to find a new daycare for her and I'm terrified of making a mistake.

We are done with the process and currently mentoring others.

A much needed family vacation.

Spring. I love watching everything come back to life and being able to spend lots of time outside.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DIA (for the second time)

adoptive mom

YAY- my son makes me smile each and every day :-)
    UGH- cold back after a week hiatus

Waiting for final home study visit, all paperwork DONE.  

Being active and waiting and enjoying fun fall events

Summer- love the heat, long days, carefree mindset

• Options
    1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking? Still exploring, but most likely DIA. Healthy newborn of any race.

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? Hopeful prospective adoptive mother

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? I got a raise this week and I'm happy about that :) Not happy that I keep having to hear pregnancy announcements at work. It still hurts.

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? Just getting started. Taking it slow and doing research/talking to agencies.

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? Possibly buying a house in early 2014, or at least moving into a larger apartment. That is a big part of why we are waiting to make any commitments to agencies or do a home study yet.

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?! Fall! I love crunchy leaves and football.

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • Options
    DIA

PAP

We've attended a bunch of appointments with our EMom this month and it's been a great opportunity for us to get to know one another more.

Matched - baby girl due in January.  Going well so far - lots of appointments which can be stressful for time off work (appointments are about 2 hours away and we usually get a meal together afterward) but it's totally worth it!  We're forming a relationship with Emom and value this time we have with her.

Our families are both throwing us baby showers.  I'm nervous and excited for them - anything can happen but I'm trying to focus on the good!

Fall!  Color change, cooler weather, sweaters and boots, 13 Days of Halloween on ABC Family!!  Crazy to think that we could have an almost 1 year old in our house this time next year!  I already have a costume for her for next year - this ladybug:

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    IRRIRR member

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? PAP with two failed placements

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? YAY's - Went to tennis camp for a few day last week and I started a full time job at a baby company, so I will be ultra prepared when the call does come.  UGH - need to go to Vegas next week for a trade show and have to miss my pottery class.

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? Waiting, was getting frustrated but working full time gets my mind off of things even though I dont' feel like I am doing enough to start our family.

5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? Being matched with an EM that will actually place and not change her mind after the baby is born.

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?!  Fall, not just because of the weather, colors, apple picking and making apple chips, but our wedding anniversary is about 6 weeks away.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking? DIA 2. Who are you in the adoption triad? Potential adoptive mom 3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? Yay! Our blog passed 10,000 page views in less than two months of blogging! Ugh. Having trouble getting a hood of our social worker for an update on our amended home study completion. 4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? Been waiting a year and a half. Just had to renew our home study. Waiting, waiting, waiting. 5. What are you looking forward to happening in the near future? Meeting our expectant mom! 6. What is your favorite season of the year? Why!? We live in Southern CA so the seasons don't really change much but I am looking forward to decorating for Halloween!
  • Options
    1. What path of adoption/fostering are you taking? Fostering and foster to adopt

2. Who are you in the adoption triad? A/F Mother

3. What are so YAY(s) and/or UGH(s) you've had lately? Yay! We were told today we are licensed and can now begin getting calls. Paper license is in the mail! Ugh, our house got robbed a week ago today and one of our bedrooms is out of commission because the window was broken. That means we can't accept two of the different sexes until that window is fixed.

4. Where are you in your process? How is it going? Waitin' for the call. 

6. What is your favorite season of the year?. Why?!  I love fall.
    10/27/07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"