Baby Names
Options

Do you think Carys is becoming "popular"?

This is my #1 girl name right now. I don't care about popularity so much. I've just noticed I've seen it more on this board recently (even though this board isn't a representation of the general population).

Oh and I hadn't heard of Carys before this board so I have you guys to thank :)

Danica 10.22.10 | Milo 12.23.12

PicMonkey Collage3

Re: Do you think Carys is becoming "popular"?

• Options
    I have seen it a good bit on this board, but haven't encountered it anywhere else, including other boards I post on.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I agree. I never heard it until joining thebump. Now I feel like it's on every "Hi My Name Is" sticker here. 

Maybe it's just a thebump trend? If you love it, use it!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    random question...how do you pronounce this name? Tongue Tied
    Asher Thomas 5.19.10
    Miles Edmund 12.29.11
    Liam Robert 1.21.14
    Baby 4...ok probably another boy here haha 9.20.15
  • Options

imagesept9107bride:
    random question...how do you pronounce this name? Tongue Tied

Care-iss (like Paris with a C)

never met anyone with this name, so pretty though.

• Options
    In 2011, Social Security registerd 111 baby girls named Carys, and 22,731 Isabellas. So, not really Smile
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    On this board, yes. But, I've never met a single Carys in real life. So, no, I don't think it's becoming too popular (yet).
    VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageleapgirl8:
    In 2011, Social Security registerd 111 baby girls named Carys, and 22,731 Isabellas. So, not really Smile

I know it wasn't even ranked, but I just feel I've been hearing it more lately. Wasn't sure what the name gurus thought.

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options
    It's somewhat popular in with people in my church denomination, but usually spelled the Greek way (Charis, which means grace). I had never known the Welsh spelling or meaning until I saw it on this board. I love the name Charis, but can't sell DH on it, and I'm a little afraid she'd have spelling/pronunciation issues her whole life since we would use the Greek spelling.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know a single girl named Carys.  The only one I know of is Catherine Zeta-Jones' daughter.
    Dee Dee DS Elijah Xin 3/11/05 DD Evangeline Mei 8/24/06
  • Options
    My old neighbor's name was Carys....but she spelled it "Karis" and she was the only other one I have met. It is on our list of girl's names as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Carter 5.25.10   Charlotte 2.6.12   Baby#3 5.17.15
  • Options
    Not at all.
  • Options

imageEXL311:
    I don't know a single girl named Carys.  The only one I know of is Catherine Zeta-Jones' daughter.

THIS!

One beautiful toddler and one beautiful baby.
  • Options
    I only know 1 adult and 2 little girls with this name. But I worked in a couple different child centers a few years back so I came across hundreds and hundreds of names.
  • Options
    I have known one person with this name, but I think the popularity you are seeing is more of a Bump trend.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no.
  • Options
    imagecmhicklin:
    I have known one person with this name, but I think the popularity you are seeing is more of a Bump trend.
    Good point.

PicMonkey Collage3

• Options
    I think it's becoming popular, but not so much that you will have to worry about your daughter having 10 others in her classroom. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCatch23:

imageEXL311:

THIS!

This exactly.  I remember when I first heard her name I thought it was so beautiful, and it has been in the back of my mind every since.  I haven't seen it anywhere in real life, just on these boards and Hollywood. It is one of my top two girl names.

• Options
    It is at the top of my list too.  I had heard the name before this board but only because of Catherine Zeta Jones.  I think it's popular on here but probably not IRL.
  • Options

imageMrkyrain:
    It is at the top of my list too.  I had heard the name before this board but only because of Catherine Zeta Jones.  I think it's popular on here but probably not IRL.

Agree.

• Options
    I think this is one of those names that people talk about a lot on baby name boards but few people actually name their kids.  It's a really nice name though!

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think it's becoming popular.  I've only ever known one (adult) Carys.  I love the name though and have it on my list although it's doubtful that I'll be able to talk DH into actually using it.  
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I personally think that Carys O'Hagan is a horrific name.  Setting the kid up to be ugly.
  • Options
    jayt935 said:
    I personally think that Carys O'Hagan is a horrific name.  Setting the kid up to be ugly.
    Please tell me this is a joke....
  • Options
    In real life, no. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    BTW, this is a zombie thread from August 2011.
  • Options
    I've never met a little Carys, I think it is just extremely popular/appreciated on the board.

I'd never seen Carys or Isla before this board. I went to HS with a Karis, but Carys will always look like the plural of Cary to me.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"