Babies: 3 - 6 Months

when do babies "reach" for mom/dad?

I'm lurking from the 0-3mo and just curious when babies start to "reach" for familiar people? Or give you cues that they want to be picked up and/or held? Maybe this is the wrong board, but experienced mommas feel free to answer!

Re: when do babies "reach" for mom/dad?

• DD was laying on her stomach on my chest on Saturday when DH came from work and she actually tried to crawl over to him. Obviously it didn't work very well because she can't crawl, but she was definitely moving pretty well. She's 12 weeks on Friday. But she doesn't reach out for anyone yet. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • About four months old, my son began to reach out to someone he knows if a new person held him. At five months, he crawled to the person he wanted. At six months, he's now trying to climb up the person. Each child is different even in the same house under the same parenting. My other two started doing these things two months earlier than this one on all milestones. I gave up comparing.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son will be 4 months in a few days and just in the past week he has started to grab at my face. So glad I keep up on trimming his nails!!
  • Lovey722 said:
    About four months old, my son began to reach out to someone he knows if a new person held him. At five months, he crawled to the person he wanted. At six months, he's now trying to climb up the person. Each child is different even in the same house under the same parenting. My other two started doing these things two months earlier than this one on all milestones. I gave up comparing.
    Wow!  Your son was crawling at 5 months!  And your two older children were crawling at 3 months, that is amazing!  My LO is 5 months and she is not even close to crawling yet but I wasn't expecting her to crawl for another couple of months, anyways.  Gives me plenty of time to baby proof the house, LOL!
  • katfaz said:
    Lovey722 said:
    About four months old, my son began to reach out to someone he knows if a new person held him. At five months, he crawled to the person he wanted. At six months, he's now trying to climb up the person. Each child is different even in the same house under the same parenting. My other two started doing these things two months earlier than this one on all milestones. I gave up comparing.
    Wow!  Your son was crawling at 5 months!  And your two older children were crawling at 3 months, that is amazing!  My LO is 5 months and she is not even close to crawling yet but I wasn't expecting her to crawl for another couple of months, anyways.  Gives me plenty of time to baby proof the house, LOL!
    I was wondering the same thing! Wow, you have wonder babies....makes my kid look....well...average.  :D

My LO is almost 4 months and she leans/ postures toward us and grabs our faces, but she's not quite reaching for us. 

• I'm not sure when DS did it but DD is 4 months and she just gets excited and kicks & moves her arms around and smiles when I reach for her.
    I just make it an effort to make it a big deal when I reach for her so maybe she will do the same. She loves DS so maybe if he did it then she would
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD is 6 months & she has started holding her arms out to me.... mostly when someone besides me is holding her & I come around. She's a serious mama's girl. 
  • My DD is 6 months & she has started holding her arms out to me.... mostly when someone besides me is holding her & I come around. She's a serious mama's girl. 

I hope my daughter Jazzy is like this. So far she seems to be pretty excited to see me when I get out of work :) how sweet
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My daughter started to fully reach for us around the 5 1/2 month mark. She'd recognize us and lean earlier but that full extension, "I want you to hold me" reach wasn't until then.
  • Wow that's insane you're babies were crawling at 3 mths!! My little guy is 4 mths and not even close to crawling or anything!! Good for you!!
  • Lovey722 said:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"