Third-Party Reproduction

Intro - moving on to donor eggs

Hi ladies, After 3+ years I figured it was about time I become active on TB again. About me, in March 2010, 2 months before getting married and only my 2nd month off BCP, we got pregnant. Yay! But that ended in a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks, boo! Since then we have gone from TI, to IUI, to IVF. I just finished my 6th IVF cycle, ending in a chemical. All 5 previous were negative with no frosties. Between cycles 4 and 5 I had an infected tube that landed me in the hospital on round the clock antibiotics, followed by outpatient IV antibiotics, c. Diff from said antibiotics, discovered allergy to flagyl, and finally removal of the tube. From all this I have learned that I just have really crappy eggs at age 31. I have been an active lurker of the infertility boards and more recently this board. I am in MA, so was lucky to have insurance coverage for my IVF cycles but will now be OOP for the donor egg cycles. We have decided to do frozen eggs at RBA. I'm still coming to terms with the large sum of money we will be spending and the reality of using donor eggs. I'm looking forward to joining you all, learning from you and hopefully sharing some of my knowledge as well. Sorry this ended up being so long! (Looks like posting from the iPad doesn't allow for line breaks)

9/15/14 - Our first son born thanks to donor eggs at RBA after 7 failed own egg IVF cycles.

Re: Intro - moving on to donor eggs

• Hey Lady!

So very sorry for all you have been through. You will find a lot of support on this board.

I'm in MA too...I'm 32 y and about to undergo my 1st FET with DE.
    It's especially hard to come to terms with at such a young age, but once you do, it's a beautiful option.

I've heard great things about RBA, but I'm not sure if you're aware that RSC in MA uses a frozen egg bank too. Its nice to have a more local option. If you go on their website you can get more info.

From my understanding, you are provided 6 mature DE, but additional eggs can be purchased as well. I think the cost is approx $16k. As you know, one of the benefits of using frozen eggs is that they are waiting for YOU.

Best of luck to you no matter where you cycle. Let me know if you want anymore info on their program, I have all of my paperwork from our consult earlier this year.
    -K

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• JM1977JM1977 member
    edited October 2013

Hi and welcome!  It really sounds like you've been through a lot with your OE, and I wish you all the best moving forward with DE. 

I've heard great things about RBA, and their frozen egg program seems like a great option.  The financial aspects of TPR really are staggering, and I wish none of us had to leave with that.  It is so, so stressful.  I'm glad we can be here to support each other!

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! Km, I am 31, will be 32 in January and actually did all of my cycling at RSC. RSC doesn't offer the same high quality embryo guarantee that RBA does and are $500 more. So I figure the cost of traveling to Atlanta is partially offset by that difference. My one big decision now is whether or not to use RBAs 5 cycle/2 year take home baby guarantee program. It is $30,000 and you get the majority of that back if you don't wind up with a take home baby. Of course all these costs don't include monitoring, initial consult, meds, etc. I think my problem is purely egg quality but have never really had the opportunity to find out if there is also an implantation or other problem lurking underneath. Ahhhh, the stress!

9/15/14 - Our first son born thanks to donor eggs at RBA after 7 failed own egg IVF cycles.
  • Welcome and sorry for all you had to go through. Good luck to you!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Oh, look at that my new siggy is retroactive!

• Welcome, and sorry for all the rough times you've already been through.  Once you've had time to get used to the idea of using donor eggs it's honestly not so bad, but there is a mourning process involved at first.  Now I'm mostly just excited and seldom feel sorry for myself.  ;-)  Good luck.
  • Hi and welcome! Another de gal her too and have no eggs at 33 yr old. Crappy but it's the card I was dealt so I'm dealing. Good luck moving forward!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• xmaystarx said:
    Hi ladies, After 3+ years I figured it was about time I become active on TB again. About me, in March 2010, 2 months before getting married and only my 2nd month off BCP, we got pregnant. Yay! But that ended in a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks, boo! Since then we have gone from TI, to IUI, to IVF. I just finished my 6th IVF cycle, ending in a chemical. All 5 previous were negative with no frosties. Between cycles 4 and 5 I had an infected tube that landed me in the hospital on round the clock antibiotics, followed by outpatient IV antibiotics, c. Diff from said antibiotics, discovered allergy to flagyl, and finally removal of the tube. From all this I have learned that I just have really crappy eggs at age 31. I have been an active lurker of the infertility boards and more recently this board. I am in MA, so was lucky to have insurance coverage for my IVF cycles but will now be OOP for the donor egg cycles. We have decided to do frozen eggs at RBA. I'm still coming to terms with the large sum of money we will be spending and the reality of using donor eggs. I'm looking forward to joining you all, learning from you and hopefully sharing some of my knowledge as well. Sorry this ended up being so long! (Looks like posting from the iPad doesn't allow for line breaks)
    Goodluck!! I was just told today that I can no longer do IUI or IVF so I'm most likely having the donor egg dreaded conversation with my RE next week. I'm having an extremely hard time as well grasping the idea of possible using someone else's eggs I almost wish I knew someone that could give me an egg to use. It's also more expensive than our IVF cycle was going to be considering our insurance would have covered one IVF cycle. I really wish some of these insurance companies would get it together and realize that they should help with paying of donor eggs because it's extremely expensive.

TTC since 2012 

Dx : DOR

IUI #1 (Follistim switched over to Menopur injections) - BFN

Attempted IUI #2 (Menopur injections only cycle) better response on the Menopur then the Follistim combination treatment cycle however my cycle was still canceled due to my eggs not maturing and follicles not growing enough on a high dose of Menopur (Re said I could try a cycle of comid + ovidrel  for an IUI) for my second IUI( praying this works for us)

Clomid + Ovidrel protocol worked still a BFN as a result

Attempted cycle  Clomid  + Ovidrel protocol for IUI # 3 (Unable to do this cycle due to a cyst)

IUI # 3 Clomid+ Ovidrel protocol - BFP    Beta #1 752  Beta #2  1536    Beta #3 3797

EDD 10/27/14

Our sweet baby boy arrived on 9/2/14 TTC # 2 Conceived without help- June 2015 July 2015- Miscarriage ( blighted ovum)
    March 2016 (ectopic pregnancy) :( 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I just want to say how much I admire you and how upbeat and at peace you are after a very difficult journey. Wishing you lots of luck and success!
    D (34), J (37) and T3 (ages 2, 2 and brand new)
    Nov '10: IVF#1: BFP! Girl. Missed m/c at 14 weeks. Devastated
    Apr '11: IVF#2: BFP! Twin Girls born on Dec 3, 2011 at 31w5d! One month in NICU.
    Oct '13: IVF#3: BFP! Girl born Jun 19, 2014 at 38w3d!
  • Welcome. 6 IVF cycles is a lot lady (hugs) for getting to this place. It's an emotional ride but I hope you find you take home family with this process.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks Dana and LL77.  It took a while and some tears but I am comfortable with the fact that I will not get pregnant with my eggs.  This last cycle, ending now with a chemical, was almost the hardest. To see 2 lines for a couple days was so exciting.  I can't wait to have that shaking, exciting feeling again but to have it stick around a while.

LittleLady, love your cat!  So beautiful.  We have 3 siamese ourselves. :)

• Sorry you find yourself here, but welcome to TPR! :)

I hope your frozen DE cycle results in your rainbow baby!!  And I'll be curious to follow your progress with frozen DE's, as that is likely my next step, if my next transfer doesn't work.

Me: AMA, DOR, undetectable AMH, carrier of SMA, MTHFR homozygous C677T, high cytokines, low IGg B cells, Factor XIII V34l mutation, High Anti-Phosphatidylethanolmine, borderline hypothyroid and mildly insulin resistant.

MH: No known issues, aside from MTHFR.

Recommendations from RI: LIT, Humira, IVIG, Lovenox, Baby Aspirin, Folic Acid, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin.

Currently taking:  Pre-Natal vitamins, Foltanx, Low-dose synthroid and Metformin. 

When cycling also taking: Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, Humira and IVIG.

TTC since 7/11/09..with medical intervention starting in 2010, including 4 failed IVF's and 6 failed IUI's...only "success" was a chemical pregnancy in 11/2012 (credited to use of DE).

FET #1 (11th cycle) on 8/23/13 = BFN.

FET #2 (12th cycle) Transfer of last two (day 6) donor egg blasts on 1/22/14 = BFP, EDD = 10/10/14 (please stick little BOY!)

My favorite breed:

***PAIF/SAIF always welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"