Pregnant after IF
Options

Cramping for days on end? (kinda long)

So I know that some cramping is normal and expected during pregnancy, but for the last 4 days I’ve been had constant cramping really low in my abdomen and in my pelvis.  It hurts to start urination, but doesn’t burn at all when I pee. I called my OB yesterday but he wouldn’t even come to the phone, the nurse just told me to drink more water.  I’ve had uterine cramps from not drinking enough water and this is completely different. It’s also not the sharp sudden pain from RLP. I’ve been fairly regular for the last week so I’m pretty confident that it’s not from constipation either.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyway I drank the gallon of water the nurse told me to drink yesterday but the cramping/pain is even worse today.  I called the OB office again this morning and pushed until I could get an appointment today, but I don’t feel like they are taking me seriously.

Like I said I know that some cramping can be normal, but the fact that it’s been constant for almost 4 days now is making me really anxious.  Has anybody has any experience with this or have any advice for me? Am I completely overreacting?

I'm 17 weeks 2 days for those that are mobile bumping.

***************************************Child mentioned********************************************

Me 28 DH 32

TTC naturally 05/2011-10/2012= All BFNs

Nov 2012 Jan 2013 Clomid= BFN

IVF #1 scheduled for April 2013 Stims started 04/09 ER 04/19/2013- 26 Retrieved and 24 Fertilized 3 day Fert Report- 10 are 8 cell ET cancelled-all embryos arrested at day 3

IVF #2 scheduled for June 2013 -Transferred 1 day 5 Blast

07/04/2013 HPT- BFP! Beta 10dp5dt-35Beta 12dp5dt-82 Ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days- Heart rate 123bpm!!

image  image

Team Green turned Team BLUE!!!

Baby M born premature at 33 weeks 5 days, he spent 22 days in the NICU before coming home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Cramping for days on end? (kinda long)

• Options
    I dont have any answers for you, but GL at your appointment today!!

Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Right around 17 weeks I ended up in ER for pain similar to what you describe. It felt like RLP, but didn't let up. It even hurt to touch my groin area. More pain than cramps. Almost like when you too many sit ups kind of pain, but worse. Everything turned out fine, but due to my history of PTL, in went to ER for peace of mind. They think my uterus was very irritated due to stretching and growing. They tested me for UTI and did an ultrasound. From what I've been told, get seen for any persiststant pain. Sorry you are going through this. I would try to be seen by your office to avoid hours spent in the ER, I had the pain on a Sunday so had no choice.

Me:34 PCOS, one kinked tube, low thyroid.
    DH:39 lower than average count.
    Married 2006. 3 failed IUIs and countless BFNs.
    ~IVF#1: July 2012~
    7/10 Retrieval: 16r, 14f w/ICSI. 7/15 ET: Transfered 2. 4 frosties.< Poas faint+ 4dp5dt.>
    Beta#1 (8dp5dt): 138. Beta#2 (10dp5dt): 355.
    u/s#1: (19dp5dt) 8/3/12 one sac, two yolks! Beta 8,000
    u/s#2: two strong heartbeats! EDD 4/2/12
    Boy/girl fraternal mono/di twins-- lost our sweet baby girl at 22 weeks due to SIUGR
    Preterm labor at 23 weeks 4 days, lost our sweet baby boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hoping the dr will listen to you and figure out what it is- i'm guessing maybe UTI?   i had cramping also around then but wasn't very strong so no advice, sorry!  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Good for you for pushing! From what you describe, I agree that it could be a UTI. Those are serious (for your own health) and need to be checked out immediately. I get them all the time and each time feels a little different. But one of the symptoms is painful urination. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I hope you get some relief soon. I have been having aching/cramping for a good portion of the day as well (for the past 2 days). I had a regular appt. today and my dr said it was normal ... We'll see if they call with any abnormal urine test results!

I hope you feel better soon, and keep us posted !
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    I don't think you're overreacting at all.  It does sound like it could be a UTI or even bladder infection.  Whatever it is, they need to check you out.  Keep us posted!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am glad you have an appointment but sorry you had to push to be seen :( a UTI is what popped into my mind too. UTI symptoms during pregnancy can present differently than normal & often times with symptoms you described. GL with your appointment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am still at the OB office, waiting for an ultrasound to check my cervix. The doctor did an internal exam already and said that my bladder was "mangled" (his word not mine), he also said that I have a smaller than average bladder and the baby is squarely on top of it right now, causing the bladder pain and making it hard to urinate. They are sending a urine sample to the lab to be sure it's not a UTI but their in office test was negative. The Doctor did say that a gallon of water is going to be to much for my bladder right now, and to have a goal of half a gallon. So I guess after all that its pretty normal pregnancy stuff... I still wish they'd seen me yesterday so I wasn't stressed out. Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your input and thoughts!

***************************************Child mentioned********************************************

Me 28 DH 32

TTC naturally 05/2011-10/2012= All BFNs

Nov 2012 Jan 2013 Clomid= BFN

IVF #1 scheduled for April 2013 Stims started 04/09 ER 04/19/2013- 26 Retrieved and 24 Fertilized 3 day Fert Report- 10 are 8 cell ET cancelled-all embryos arrested at day 3

IVF #2 scheduled for June 2013 -Transferred 1 day 5 Blast

07/04/2013 HPT- BFP! Beta 10dp5dt-35Beta 12dp5dt-82 Ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days- Heart rate 123bpm!!

image  image

Team Green turned Team BLUE!!!

Baby M born premature at 33 weeks 5 days, he spent 22 days in the NICU before coming home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Glad they didn't find anything wrong.  Hope you start feeling better!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    Mangled bladder? That's no fun :( Glad you and baby are ok though

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    This is happening to me currently. Not only do I have sch (since 11 weeks), my ob told me these were the 'practice' contractions. When I called to tell them what was going on, they had me go to the ob triage at the hospital where they checked everything out. I followed up with my ob 2 days later and that is when she told me about the contractions. I bought a maternity support and that is helping alleviate the pressure, believe it or not. If I were you, I would go to the ob part of the hospital. Any persistent pain or if you just don't 'feel' right, you should go to the hospital. I promise you they will take it way more seriously.
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Hate that. Hope its just growing pains.
    Fx
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"