TTC after 35

Do you POAS or wait for BETA Test?

Just curious on how many of you POAS prior to your scheduled blood test.

I'm in the 2WW of my 1st IVF cycle and the suspense is nerve racking. The blood test will be on 10/16 (still 8 days of waiting), but contemplating doing the old POAS prior to see what the result might be. 

I've never been successful in getting pregnant so I've had a lot of BFNs in my life and just can't decide if it is best to see on my own or wait for the BETA and hear it from the nurse.

Decisions, Desicisions....

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Do you POAS or wait for BETA Test?

• I save myself the hassle of traveling across town for a beta if I know I'm not pregnant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Depending on the meds they gave you.  You may have a false positive.  I remember when I was waiting that is what they told me. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would wait.... the hcg shot could give you a false positive... or if you implanted late.. the neg could be just to early... it would bring doubt into what ever the result is.. :)..
    I am 7dpiui... so I know the agony of the 2ww!.. GL to you!..

Me:38 DH:40 TTC for over 3 yrs~
    Every test known to man- comes out that we are both perfectly capable of conceiving- 

Officially diagnosed with "unexplained infertility"

7/17/13-1st try with 100mg Clomid+Novarel+Prog.
    7/25/13 Mid-cycle U/S- 4 Follicles! 17, 16,L 16,15 R
    7/25/13 Trigger shot
    8/6/13 Beta Blood Drawn... Big fat Neg. 
    New RE:- 101 tests done during break cycle.. All look great! green light to hit the deck running!
    9/18/13- Cd 1- FINALLY! 100 mg clomid CD3-7- 75iu Bravelle 7-10   
    9/30/13 Follie count.. 3 on right. 2 on left-- trigger today
    10/2/13- IUI #1
    10/15/13 Beta #1- BFN.. :(

• If you used a trigger the HSG still could be in your system so you can test but don't rely on it.  I prefer to know before the Beta so I can process it.  I hate getting that call with bad news while I am at work.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I did trigger with10,000u of HCG and know it takes about 10 days to get out. Tomorrow will be the 10 day mark, so I'm not going to test before then.

I just want to be prepared as well cuz that phone call and my reaction probably should be private to whatever the news is. Plus I really prefer to have my hubby and I involved together on the potential result before any medical staff do.  Ya know, kinda like it the fertile world does it :) Is that so much to ask for? lol.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"