January 2014 Moms

Update on my hospital stay: 10 days down and 8 1/2 weeks to go

edited October 2013 in January 2014 Moms
Hi everyone, I've been posting on various discussions here and there but haven't updated on my status. I have been incredibly fortunate with family and friends coming to visit each and every day. I can't even say I've been bored and in fact, I've had to "stagger" my visiting schedule between everyone. I truly believe seeing everyone gives me reinforcement and courage to continue on this hospital bedrest.

So I have done some research and I have what's called prePROM, which occurs in 3% of pregnancies and is unexplainable. I broke my water last Monday at 24 +2 and really should have gone into labor within 72 hours, as most other cases do. However, I've held out 10 days this far and now looking forward to celebrating 26 weeks with my little peanut on Saturday. We've had some ups and downs. Last Friday I started seriously bleeding and a scan showed that LO flipped into the breech position (which is where he is right now). In the process, he made my stomach lining bleed (since there is no fluid separating us). Doctors weren't too worried and my cervix to this day remains closed with no contractions and they were impressed with LO's mobility. The true fear is infection since my lining is technically open, I'm at a high risk for infection. In that case, the docs will have to immediately deliver. I did my round of antibiotics so its a waiting game now.

I feel incredibly lucky to have made it this far and as the longer LO cooks inside of me, the less complications he will have at birth. I met with the NICU team and they have over 50 premies at the moment with capacity up to 70. They really impressed me with their knowledge and facilities so I know when LO gets here, he will be in the right hands. I have to hold out at least to 28 weeks, the risk of complications is significantly reduced for LO after that, so Halloween for me will be a very special celebration this year!!!

Ill try to upstate once a week or so, hopefully it will just be boring updates until 34 weeks!

I'm editing because my preggo brain completely forgot to thank each and every one of you for your well wishes and your kind thoughts! You have been an incredible support and I would have never thought that I would find it so comforting to commiserate with other women on the Internet, but here I am! Thank you guys! I couldn't have done it without your constant support.

Re: Update on my hospital stay: 10 days down and 8 1/2 weeks to go

• I'm so happy he is still in there cooking! :) That's great that your cervix is closed too. Prayers still headed your way.
  • I am so happy to hear that everything is going as well as it can be! Continued thoughts and prayers to you and your LO. ::Big hugs!!::

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like little guy is doing great and wants to stay put in there:) You seem to be so positive about the hospitalization and the whole experience, I'm glad it hasn't been horrible for you! Fx he wants to stay put until Halloween at least:) You'll be in my T&P's..hopefully there's no sign of infection anytime in the near future for you! 

• Glad to hear you're doing well given the circumstances. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • I'm so glad your baby is still inside and you're staying strong.  At this point, every day helps the baby get stronger, and I know you're in the best possible place to look after him.
  • Great news!  You and your LO are in my thoughts!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Glad baby is still cooking! That's great you have so many visitors to keep you occupied. If I was closer, I'd come visit you! I'll be thinking of you and thanks for updating!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Glad to hear baby is staying put!! Great news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay, good news! Keep cooking that baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you for updating us!!! It sounds like the hospital staff is wonderful and your attitude is amazing. Hoping for weeks more of uneventful "baking". 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the update! I hope you post many more great updates like this one!
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Glad to hear that things are going well so far... it sounds like you are being really positive and hopeful, I hope you have an uneventful wait until the 28 week mark! 

• So great to read this good news update! I've been wondering how things are going! Keep cooking baby!

• Thanks for the update! So glad to hear little man is still cooking and user the circumstances your doing good as well. Thoughts and prayers continue to go out.
  • What fighters you guys are! I hope the rest of this month is incredibly uneventful for you both!

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Happy to hear that LO is still cooking, I have been thinking about you! T&Ps coming your way daily!

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • You sound so positive which is great! T&P's for you!
  • I'm so glad you've been able to cook that baby a little longer.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• So happy to hear from you and hear a little good news!

• I love boring updates.  Keep hanging in there.  Every time I see you post on some other thread I feel a little relief that everything is going well for you. 
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad to hear the positive news!
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Awesome awesome awesome sweetie! I'm so glad he is hanging tight! Constantly sending you good thoughts and prayers
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• https://www.thesefour.com/p/about-me.html?m=1

I keep meaning to post this for you. This gal is a former bumpy---nbjenni---, whose water broke with twins at 24 weeks, but was able to carry nearly to term. She no longer updates her blog, but her contact info might still be current.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Great update! I hope little man stays in there a while longer. Hugs!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• So glad LO is staying put!  I am sending tons of positive thoughts your way!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Great, great update! Continued positive thoughts!!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • So glad your LO is doing well as stating put! :) I hope everything continues to stay that way for you, and I'll continue to keep you in my T&Ps.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Oh I am so glad to see this post!  I had chills reading it.  I'm definitely pulling for you and your LO and it's good to see that you are still cooking!  Hang in there mama!  You'll be at 28 weeks before you know it.  
    imageimage
    Mama of boys, Landon (Jan 14) and Harrison (Aug 15).  

• I am glad to hear baby is still hanging out on the inside. Thank you for updating!

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • So glad the baby is hanging in there! Here's to more uneventful weeks as that baby cooks some more!
  • What a great blessing! I am happy for you! Keep cooking...!!!!!

I will pray for you! =)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Glad everything seems to going well!! T&Ps continuing..

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • So happy that your little guy is still hanging on in there!  Wishing you all the best and hoping you go well past the 28 weeks mark!! {{{HUGS}}}

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Thank you so much for the update. You've been on my mind and in my prayers since the hospital bed rest started. So glad you are having frequent visitors! I'm so sorry to hear about the stomach lining bleed and the high risk of infection. I hope these issues remain relatively under control and that LO gets bigger and stronger everyday!
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • What a great update. I am so glad that things are still going well. I will keep praying for you and your little guy! I am glad your in a good place with doctors you trust. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• So glad to hear baby is staying put!
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• Glad to hear things are going well. Thanks for keeping us updated. T&Ps that your LO stay inside as long as possible.
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• It seems as though you're in great care; many, many T&P to you and LO. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"