1st Trimester

Unisom Question

For those taking Unisom and Vit. B. Did it start working right away or did it take a few days?  I started Vit. B over the weekend and last night after a day of not even being able to keep down water I tried Unisom and Vit. B.  Today I haven't puked but I've had a constant feeling like I might at any momment.  This time around is so much worse and the most horrible part is feeling like a bad mom because I cant play like I used to. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unisom Question

• I started it last night and today I feel better. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse and I work night shift tonight so I am going to take it the days I have to work. If you can't even keep down water for days you might want to call the doc. You can get dehydrated. You might need something stronger
  • I started it one morning and felt shades better that day and felt like a million bucks that night. I was still wearing sea bands and chewing ginger gum, but it was so much better than it had been.

Hope you find some relief soon.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I felt loads better the morning and early afternoon after taking it the night before (also use sea bands) it stared to wear off around 4 but still hasn't been as bad as it was
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not trying to scare anyone here taking unisom but be very careful and take it only when needed. A friend of mine took unisom her entire pregnancy (only meds she took) and just had her baby 1 week early (baby was breeched/ scheduled cesarean) and he only weighed 3 lbs. The doctors obviously sucked since they didn't notice she was measuring smaller than normal but they cannot find anything wrong with her or baby. Baby is healthy and is steadily gaining weight daily but will remain in the nicu until he gains about 2 lbs. 
  • I take a half Unisom at night and it helps the next day, but late afternoon it starts wearing off.  This pregnancy it wasn't enough so I added the 50mg B6 my OB recommends and each day for about 3 days I started feeling better.  I really recommend the combo.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Not trying to scare anyone here taking unisom but be very careful and take it only when needed. A friend of mine took unisom her entire pregnancy (only meds she took) and just had her baby 1 week early (baby was breeched/ scheduled cesarean) and he only weighed 3 lbs. The doctors obviously sucked since they didn't notice she was measuring smaller than normal but they cannot find anything wrong with her or baby. Baby is healthy and is steadily gaining weight daily but will remain in the nicu until he gains about 2 lbs. 
    And.......? I took chlorpheniramine, Unisom's cousin -- AND Zyrtec -- every day of my first pregnancy, and my son was born on his due date weighing 9 and a half pounds.

Correlation does not equal causation. It sucks that your friend is dealing with this, but Unisom did not cause that baby's problems, I assure you. Any doctor who said it did is grasping at straws and missing some very important information.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I also took a half Unisom every day for almost 20 weeks with my second and he was over 8 pounds.  
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I took Unisom last night after a particularly bad day yesterday, and today I felt great. I don't know if it was a fluke or not.. 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Explain to me-do you take 50 mg of B6 in morning, then 50 mor and half a unisom at night? Or just the B6in the morning. I'm thinking just in case I need it, I want to learn.
  • i also take a half of unisom every night and it really helps me sleep and i feel really good in the morning!!   i took it when i was pregnant with my daughter when i was in my third trimester since i was so big and couldn't sleep!! 
  • Love, love, love Unisom. I take a half every night and sleep sooo much better. I plan on taking it anytime I feel it will help me get a good night's sleep. I haven't heard any reason why it would be unsafe as one PP stated. For me, it started helping immediately.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I take the 50mg of B6 at each meal.  And half Unisom at night.  You can take the Unisom during the day instead, but it makes me too groggy.  Check with your doc office, but that is what mine says.
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"